Mucky made it home

Jan 4th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

Mucky made it home

Hi everyone !!!
Just a quick jetlagged few lines to tell you we made it home here to cardiff.
Got throught the door about 4 hours ago and trying desperately to keep awake until night fall.
NYE was great and the Waldorf....mmmm wait and see !!!
I will keep you guessing for a little while longer...lol

I will be posting my report on our wonderful trip where I had the very great pleasure of meeting Marg in Melbourne, Alan in Sydney, Patw in sydney and spoke to margo oz by telephone.
So a kind of fodors meeting just at different times.
This is becoming incoherant now as my single brain cell is struggling to come to terms with a really less than average british airways flight from Singapore after a fabulous Qantas flight from Syney to singapore.But from the news I am hearing about BA flights we should be grateful to have taken off at all.
Will post soon

Thanks

Muck
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:52 AM

Good to hear that you all returned home safely -- a lot of the "regulars" (like myself) will be waiting anxiously for your report -- all ready to sue the minute we read something defamatory about ourselves!
Jan 4th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Janese

I feel so left out! This is just the time that I am sorry to live in Queensland but I think I am going to be meeting up with some interesting Fodors in the next couple of months too.
Hopefully will get to meet Alan myself ( gosh its like a b.... fan club) in February if I can get to Sydney then. I am going to be in Melbourne between January 20th - Feb 4th so will check on past suggestions for Melb.

Jan 4th, 2004, 07:04 PM
LN

Glad to hear all went well Muck and looking forward to your post (especially on the Waldorf)
Jan 5th, 2004, 10:09 AM

A less than average flight on BA, eh? Maybe they didn't want you back!

But notice how pleasant the Qantas team were - they knew you were leaving!

See you next trip!
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM

and Mucky, I can't believe you flew out at the start of the most fascinating and spectacular cricket test for years!

This one had it all - Sydney Cricket Ground, green and lush (and that's not only the patrons!), brilliant, hot weather, an Indian team right on form, great batsmen, (7/705 - sheeesh!), high drama, perseverance, high emotion, last test match for Australian captain Steve Waugh, an exciting run chase.

Wonderful to be part of it - even for one day!
Jan 6th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Original Poster

The test was really worth seeing and I missed it !!!
You are so lucky.
Never mind I will have to pop down to sophia gardens in about April, when the season starts.
I can't believe that my planning was really so bad.
Really pleased you got there Margo.

I have just found out that my assignment for Uni due in on 20th is actually due in on Friday 9th !
Oh my god, unfortunately the trip report is temporarily suspended pending completion of Uni work.
I'm sure you will understand.

Muck
Jan 6th, 2004, 06:41 PM

Just tell us the topic and all your Fodor's friends will contribute a paragraph each. There's twenty thousand words just needing to be collated!
Jan 6th, 2004, 09:52 PM

Like everyone else, I'm dying to hear all about it! We'll wait with patience. Good luck with your uni assignment.
Jan 8th, 2004, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your help with the assignment,I would never have completed it without your help !!
Alan your spelling on the first 10000 words was dreadful go back to school ...lol
Assignment is in so trip report writing has begun....lol
will post as soon as possible.

Muck