Reload this Page >

Motorhome in SA and Vic in April - weather tips

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 04:04 AM
Anna

Hi all,<BR>In April we're hoping to take a motorhome around the Great Coast road for a week. After that we moved to North QLD, so the weather doesn't give us any concern, but I'm wondering will it be cool enough in Melbourne/Adelaide in April - especially evenings? Can anyone give me some advice on daytime temperatures (will help us plan our outdoor activities) and approx evening temps. Since we're not staying in a hotel for this part of our trip, we're paying a bit more attention to the weather. <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Anna<BR>

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Mike

G'day Anna, <BR>the weather will be fine in qld.. <BR>Along the south coast it can be pretty changable, typical autumn waether. <BR>Most evenings will be pretty cool and it maybe as low as 6C or there abouts. <BR>Remember there is nothing between the coast ( Great Ocean Road ) and Antartica, and it's only 3000 km away. <BR>There are often cold winds blowing from the south. <BR>A good jumper and a wind/water resistant jacket will be very handy. <BR><BR>But it's a beautiful drive! <BR>How much time are you allowing yourself from Melbourne to Adelaide? <BR>Enjoy, Mike.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Mike

Sorry Anna, <BR>forgot. <BR>Along the GOR you can expect daytime temperatures to vary from about 10C to 22C, <BR>mind you there could be a cold snap when you are there, just typical Autumn. <BR>Mike

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 08:24 AM
Anna

Hi Mike,<BR>We have the van for 8 days, and had thought of having a day in the Blue Mountains after our pickup in Sydney. After that, the 7 days are ours to work with, I'm not sure how long it takes to get down to Melbourne but I was reckoning that we'd spend about 5 days along the GOR. We don't have any of this planned, so would be glad of any tips?<BR><BR>Anna

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 12:05 AM
Mike

G'day Anna. <BR>With the time you have at your disposal I would suggest as follows: <BR>Blue Mountains, but try to get as far as Lithgow or Bathurst for your 1st night. Then Cowra &gt; Wagga Wagga &gt; Albury. That way you will avoid the busy Hume Highway and it's a nicer drive, even if a bit slower. <BR>From Albury the Hume Hwy. to Melbourne. <BR>You can do Blue mountains to Melbourne in 2 days, 3 days are better if you want to stop along the way a few times. <BR><BR>For the Great Ocean Road and on to Adelaide 5 days are good and gives you plenty of time at points of interest. You could do that in 4 days. <BR>Follow the coast road along the Coorong after Mt. Gambier. <BR><BR>How much time you want to have in Melbourne I would decide when getting there as by then you'll know what distances you are comfortable with per day. <BR><BR>But keep in mind that the Great Ocean Road will be slow traveling until you get to Peterborough or Warrnambool. <BR><BR>You will have a great trip. <BR>Enjoy, <BR>Mike.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 03:43 AM
George

Probably the best time of the year to travel.Good luck.