Search

Mobile Phones!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 04:38 AM
John

Mobile Phones!

Hi,<BR>Im wondering if my pay as you talk mobile will work in OZ,im from the UK and the network i use is vodafone.<BR>Any help would be great.<BR>Cheers.

Old Dec 31st, 2002, 08:12 PM
liz

You would have to contact your provider in the UK as I believe they have to do a change on the SIM card or some such thing. Otherwise you should not have a problem.

Old Jan 1st, 2003, 04:24 AM
Jacqui

Only thing you need to do is make sure you have international roaming activated.<BR><BR>I'm from the UK and have used my phone in Oz quite a few times. Should warn you though that it is very expensive to receive calls though as you pay the UK - Oz bit.<BR><BR>

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:56 AM
Kelly

Hi John~ Bring your own phone and rent a SIM card at the airport. You can e-mail the number right from the airport. This is a very economic way to stay in touch with the kids or the office. There is no charge for people to call you and then for local calls in NZ it is very cheap.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Christina

I had my US phone activated for Oz &amp; NZ use but like other posters said it's expensive to make/recieve calls. It was nice to have as an emergency though. I also bought pre-paid calling cards &amp; took those with us. We used those to call home instead of the cell phone.