Manly?

Nov 11th, 1998, 06:56 PM
Wyler Long

Manly?

Is Manly a convenient place to stay to tour the Sydney area?

Does anyone have any info on the accomodations at Manly National?

Thanks

Nov 11th, 1998, 10:57 PM
Peg

Wyler, Manly is just the best place to stay. When holidaying in Sydney we always prefer to stay there that the city centre. The ferry ride back and forth is spectacular and we never get tired of it. You can buy a travel pass for 3 days or longer. This will allow you to travel around on buses, ferries and trains without having worry about buying tickets as you change from one place to another. So much better than paying heaps for tours anywhere. Try www.citysearch.com.au to find out about accommodation. Peg.

Nov 12th, 1998, 03:44 PM
Richard Krause

Wyler,
I second Peg's thoughts on using the ferries for transportation from your accommodations to city centre. My wife and I stayed at a B&B in Belmain and using the ferries worked out very well. It's a fantastic "entrance" to downtown Sydney. We did take a 2-1/2 hr harbor cruise which was a mistake. We really saw the major points of intrest from the ferries and they are a lot cheaper than the crusies. The Aussies are so friendly that all you have to do is ask one question and you have a friend for the rest of your ride. They enjoy telling you all about their city and country.

Have a great time.

Dick

Nov 21st, 1998, 06:15 PM
Steve

Definately stay in Manley. It's an easy ferry or Jet Cat ride into Sydney. They run all the time and are alot of fun. I stayed at the Manley Pacific it was a nice place with an ocean view. There are lots of places to pick from in that area.
Steve

Nov 23rd, 1998, 11:47 AM
michael

Wyler,
Without trying to sound like a party-pooper I think whether you stay in Manly or not should be considered in light of a number of things. It depends on how long you are staying, what you want to do when you are in Sydney and so on. The ferry ride is a beauty but remember that you will always have the ferry ride or a bus ride if you wish to do anything in the city if you stay in manly. The ride will never get tiresome but the time is takes up, the queueing, the cost may. Whichever way you look at it it is going to add at least an hour of commuting each day - the good news is that it is probably the best commute in the world. So the only "caution" I would send is that if you intend to spend most of your time in the tourist/shopping areas around the CBD of Sydney it may not be the best choice.