Search

Looking to leave VIC for a month or so!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2021, 02:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking to leave VIC for a month or so!

Hi all!
Been feeling a bit lost lately so thought I’d try my luck here.
I’m 22, am currently working from home at a job with very flexible hours, and over the past few months have made a point of doing little weekend trips around VIC, SA, and just up and down the coast. But I’m feeling like I need to really just leave Melbourne for a whole month, meet new people, change of scenery, etc. I’m just not sure where to go and what to do, as I don’t know many other people outside of Melbourne. Could anyone recommend any courses? Or places to stay? I’m really flexible as to where, but somewhere sunny and fun would be great. Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance
Old Mar 21st, 2021, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are not on your own at feeling a bit lost. Most of us struggle in different ways. Two thoughts. One is to have a driving trip, head north up the coast where the weather will hopefully be warmer. Stay at youth hostels or backpackers where you will meet other young people.

The other idea is to find a volunteer job somewhere for a short time. Check online but perhaps something like helping with the turtles at Mon Repos (wrong time of year now I think) or helping a charity in some way. BlazeAid might be worth checking, they are aiding people after the dreadful fires we had. There will be people to talk and work with and you'd have a feeling of satisfaction at doing something for others.

Try to stay aware of any sudden border closures so you can get home again.
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 06:32 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I've always thought this was an interesting program, and something I'd have liked to have done in my youth.

https://wwoof.net/
Old Mar 23rd, 2021, 04:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
My niece has had some terrific “ woofers” on her farm over the years. Just from that point alone, if think it would be a good idea.

Of course - as in anything, do your due diligence, use your common sense.