Search

Le Meridien, Sydney

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 06:37 AM
rik

Le Meridien, Sydney

Anyone have any opinions on this hotel?; I'll be in Sydney for 3 nights (on a business trip) so the tourist spots proximity isn't important- just looking for a better than average room.<BR>Thanx!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Nick

Its a good hotel, nice rooms with a proper style. I prefer the Westin, but would not turn anyone off the Meridien. Hyatt has the views - but at a price. ANA also has great views but I am not a great fan of it.

Old Jan 17th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Rick7

If on business in Sydney, stay at the Westin. Great hotel.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 03:39 AM
rik

Thanks for the replies...and I'm convinced about the westin which i have now booked (heritage deluxe room) for $350.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Nick

Rik,<BR>One caution - we actually chose one of the tower rooms as we preferred them to Heritage rooms. The Heritage room views are I am pretty sure all internal into the lobby area. I prefer having an outside view. Also preferred the modernity of the tower rooms -and they are cheaper. Alot of tower rooms have these cool bathrooms with glass walls - watch the TV in the tub, which I do not think the heritage rooms have. I am sure you will be happy whichever room, but thought I would give you a bit more feedback. I paid A$265 incl breakfast(not US$) for deluxe room - went to the hotel and told them it was my wedding night (it was) and they gave us an upgrade, with champagne etc. The rate was better than anything on offer over internet including their own web site - so perhaps give them a call direct. We found all the staff really friendly. Maybe you could even say it was a personal recommendation - we stayed there on Nov 7th last year(under Nick Fortune)and you too can get upgrade. Breakfast is really excellent, so go down at good time to relax and pig out. Hope you enjoy the stay as much as we did.