Just Back After 7 Weeks

Jan 21st, 2003, 01:43 PM
Wendy

Just Back After 7 Weeks

We just returned from 7 wonderful weeks in New Zealand. We toured both Islands for just over 3 weeks. Email me direct and I may be able to help with any questions. Wendy

Jan 21st, 2003, 09:09 PM
Wendy

Just to let you know I will post a seven week trip report to all who want it. We camped in the tent, cabins and hostels. This trip was fantatic and I hope I can help you with any questions. Wendy

Jan 21st, 2003, 11:19 PM
Sonia

Hi Wendy

I will be in New Zealand for 7 weeks in just under a year. I look forward to your report!

Have a good day

Sonia

Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:48 AM
johanna

Wendy: I will be interested in your report. I will be in NZ from 5/5 to5/15. I dont think I will camp. Best way to get from Christchurch to Auckland? Weather? traveling solo...best hotel near everything in christchurch?safe for a woman alone? thanks johanna

Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Wendy

Hi, We did alot of camping and made use of alot of cabins in holiday parks and backpacker hostels. As far as motels and hotels go they are every where and I'm sure you can find alot of info on the web about them. Even though I was not traveling alone I would have no qualms about doing so anywhere in NZ as long as common sense was used the same as anywhere. The weather in May will be the end of the fall and the begining of winter there so I would certainly make sure you have a warm and wind proof jacket. I will send you the trip report to your address. Wendy

Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:57 PM
Dimple Shah

Hi Wendy, we are looking to head down to NZ in April, looking forward to getting your report in my above mailbox. Thanks a ton.

Dimple

Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:13 PM
nz

Can you please post it here? Pretty please???

Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:21 PM
Jenny

I would also like the trip report, Wendy. My husband and I are planning a 4 week trip next year and hope to use the Holiday Park cabins or tourist flats. Can you recommend them?

Thanks

Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:21 AM
Jenny

I would also like the trip report, Wendy. My husband and I are planning a 4 week trip next year and hope to use the Holiday Park cabins or tourist flats. Can you recommend them?

Thanks

Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:39 AM
Debbie

Hi Wendy--
I bet loads of us would like you to post your report....I'm toying w/going there next year so would you mind forwarding a copy?

Thanks!
Debbie

Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:54 AM
laurie

Hi, I'll be in NZ for 2 weeks in April-- would love to see it as well. Please send to above address.

Thanks!

Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:22 AM
wendy

Hi to all. Thanks for all your interest in the trip report. I have sent it to all you requested it but I don't think I can post it on the site because it is 8 pages long. Those that get it I would like some feed back if you can about how useful it may be. I am more than willing to answer individual questions as well. This trip was a real dream come true. Wendy

Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:52 AM
Abby

Wendy-I'm going to NZ this summer. Please send me a copy of your report if you can! Thanks so much.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:54 AM
Kay

Wendy,

Would greatly appreciate receiving a copy of your report. We will be leaving for NZ in 3 weeks and any additional information I can get would be very helpful. Thanks for your efforts.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:37 PM
rama

hi,wendy,
i also would appreciate to have your trip report.we are going to NZ next month....thanks

Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:49 PM
bill simpson

Forn Johanna. The best way to travel from Christchurch to Auckland is to fly. The weather should be nice but for NZ you should take a wrap for those possible cool evenings & a small umbrella for possible showers. You just never know about Mother Nature, however we went last March & had only one day that was less than beautiful weather but still had fun. We stayed at the Copthorne on Durham. It was O.K. but if I had to do it again I would opt for the Rydges which is right smack in the middle of everything. It is a nice facility in a good safe location right off of Cathedral Square & it is reasonable. While in Christchurch take a shuttle over to Akaroa. It's pretty neat.

Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:55 PM
Wendy

Hi, I agree with the input to Akaroa. To us this is an area that should not be missed. The beaches, craft shops and all that is to do is awesome. In Christchurch there is so much for accomodation and the majority is on a bus route so do not let the high prices sway you. The bus system is great and really it is a small city and you get around in no time at all. The ferry ride from Wellington to Picton is very scenic and I know I would feel gyped if I flew. Email me direct and I have an 8 page report that I feel will accomotdate most people in all walkes of life. We enjoyed camping, cabins and the conservation sites. Wendy

Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:15 PM
Lezlie

Hi Wendy, would love a copy of your report!

Jan 25th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Aleisha

HI Wendy - I am heading to South Is NZ in APril - would love to see your report!

Thanks!

Jan 25th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Judy

I'll be in New Zealand for 3 weeks next year. Please email me your report. I would appreciate it very much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO