Is there rock climbing in Bali?

Old Sep 3rd, 1997, 11:09 PM
Brenden

Is there rock climbing in Bali?

I'll be taking a vacation to Bali. Does anyone know if there are any places to rock climb on the island?

Thanks.

Old Jul 18th, 2013, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Hi
I live in Bali and doing climbing there is possible!

There are several clubs with artificial walls, nothing extraodinary, but nice to take a look when you are in holiday. For example, im in the Gibon Climbing Club.

3 spots for naturals routes:
- Kintamani, hard to find if you dont know. There are high routes from 5 to 8 (europe cotation). We recently put new anchors
- Padang Padang, some boulder and routes about 8m high max, but really old spits, you'll have to use natural anchors, trees, etc..
- Uluwatu, high routes about 40m high and some boulder. Same really old spits, you may manage to use column of the house on top of the cliff..

Sincerely, rock climbing is not the best of Bali, However, there are really good canyoning where you can go to unspoiled nature and abseil beautiful waterfall. Its awesome, and the team is nice. The tour that organize is Adventure & Spirit, definitely a must do in Bali

You can contact me when you are in Bali if you need more info
c u
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 02:49 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
DimitriBali -

I see that you're new here, welcome to the forum.

Reviving a 16 year old post has got to be some kind of record though. I think it's safe to assume that Brenden has already taken his trip.