Search

Info on Grand Circle Tours

Search this Thread

Old May 28th, 2001, 09:40 AM
Karen

Info on Grand Circle Tours

Hello, <BR>My husband & I are planning a Aust/NZ trip and wonder if anyone has used Grand Circle Tours ? How would you rate them? <BR>Thanks

Old May 28th, 2001, 01:07 PM
doc

My wife and I have taken about 18 tours with Grand Circle and have nothing but praise for them. Their tours are paced so that one can choose every optional tour that's offered, or pick and choose. There's ample time with this element of choice to exert as much or as little energy as desired. GCT tour guides have been very helpful in arranging independent activities where time permits. If you have specific questions or desire additional information, let me know by contacting me at my e-mail address.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 08:16 AM
julie

We have friends who use GC touring all the time and have had good experiences with them. However, we and these friends tried to book a European River cruise several months ahead, and they told us that while they were fully booked we could be on a waiting list and they would nitify us 6 weeks aheead if we got on, and that there was a 99 percent chance we would get on. So we went for it, and they waited until the last allowable day, in spite of several phone calls thru the preceding weeks to find out our status, to tell us that we did NOT get on. Of course, by this time it was too late to book anything else worthwhile, and this was the only window of time we and these friends had together. I think it would be proper to tell prospective customers of their status (am I numer 5 or 555 on the waiting list?) in time tht they may make alternate plans. Of course, for GC, keeping us on the waiting list til last moment costs them nothing, they have everything to win and nothing to lose by keeping our reservation in reserve, but it sure wrecked our spring travel plans.

Old Jun 2nd, 2001, 10:37 AM
tom barron

<BR> My wife and I have taken twelve trips with GCT. Most of the trips are worth the money. We have not made the Australian trip yet. Our last trip in Jan was Thailand a very good trip. <BR> Tom B

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Karen

We did the 24 day Aus/NZ/Fiji trip last April with GCT, and loved it. Our tour director, Colin Jones, was fantastic. We thought the tour offered a lot for the money, and we were able to see and do far more in 3 weeks than we could have on our own. We leave Apr. 23 (nine days- yea!) for the 18 day GCT Thailand/Golden Triangle tour. Can't wait! I would rate Grand Circle Travel very high. We are seniors (89 and 75), who have traveled extensively independently when we were younger but now it's good to have someone else take care of so many of the details and let us just relax and enjoy the tour!