Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

When is the best time to travel to Tahiti and Bora Bora and Great Hotels??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Marcie

We have an all expense trip to Tahiti and Bora Bora. We get to pick the time of year and the hotels (why not go for the best??) Can you recommend the best time of year to travel and beautiful hotels to stay in? Thanks!

Old Mar 11th, 2002, 07:43 AM
LordBalfor

My take on the resorts:<BR><BR>http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-4898-454CA523-3A4B759E-prod3<BR><BR>My photos of the area:<BR><BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor<BR><BR>Take a look. You have many fine choices. I'm sure everyone who reads this is envious (especially those of us who have been there and know how nice it really is).<BR><BR>Any specific questions, feel free to e-mail me. I will be out of town from March 15th to April 6th (returning to the South Pacific).<BR><BR>Ken<BR><BR>

Old Mar 12th, 2002, 08:01 PM
freewoman

I would suggest you go to Tahiti in June, July or August which is their winter months. We went in June. It tends to be hotter and steamier in their summer (December, January, February) and dryer in winter. Since we were there in winter, I would hate to see how hot it gets in summer. It was plenty warm while we were there (and I am used to Dallas summers!)

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:14 AM
pat

Try October. That is right before the monsoon season and is their spring. The temps don`t change that much from winter to summer.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:25 AM
beachbum

not sure who the "we" is but if it's you and a significant other, pick either the hotel bora bora or sofitel motu on bora bora.<BR><BR>june - september are best months, but book soon as they're also the most popular.<BR><BR>