Reload this Page >

Hong Kong - How far away is Hung Hom/Harbour Plaza Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 02:53 AM
Michelle Kerr

I am travelling to HK in September and have got a <BR>really good rate from the Harbour Plaza hotel. The hotel looks great but my only concern is that it looks quite far from everything else. Can anyone tell me if I should be staying closer to Kowloon. We want to be able to walk about freely - is that area of HK safe at night? <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 04:23 AM
Jean

Hung Hom is a 20 minute ferry ride from Hong Kong Island. Full of high rise apartments, suburb for commuters. Seemed very safe. Unusual sight of large ship landlocked by tall apartments used for shopping. Sorry, dont know about Harbour Plaza Hotel. <BR>

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 09:00 AM
Michelle Kerr

Can I walk from Hung Hom to Tsimshatsui or is it <BR>faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!?

Old Jul 24th, 1998, 01:38 PM
Jean

Absolutely too faaaaaaaaaaar. If you dont like ferries, there is a good bus service, but it takes much longer than the ferry. Jean <BR>

Old Jul 28th, 1998, 12:58 AM
Francis

Hi Michelle, <BR> <BR>Welcome to Hong Kong! <BR> <BR>Hunghum is around 10 minutes drive from Tsimshatsui. The Hotel is pretty nice, in particular if you can secure a harbour view. The Chinese Prime Minister's patronage can prove this - he stayed there nearly everytime he visited Hong Kong. Don't have to worry about the transport - there is a regular free hotel shuttle bus shuttling between Tsimshatsui and the Hotel. Taxi to there will be less than US$3. <BR> <BR>Going out at night is quite safe. <BR> <BR>Have an enjoyable stay! <BR>