Honeymoon in November - Need Advice! - Fiji

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am needing help locating a place for my honeymoon. I believe I'm set on Fiji, yet not a 100%. I am looking for a place on the beach and a good location to fish/surf/snorkle/ect... after we have relaxed for a day or two. I plan on stayng 6 to 8 nights. Does anyone have experiences they could share? And any recommendations on location?

Thanks in advance!!!
PMM
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Original Poster

PS. is there any all-inclusive offerings that is worth posting?
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Hi,
We went to Navini for 5 night last December / January and we loved it. It is a really small island with more staff than guests. The staff is very friendly, the snorkelling off the island is EXCELLENT (I can email you photos I took if you like) and we loved the fact that you didn't have to lock your bure (we didn't even have a key!)We loved it so much that we are hoping to go back in 2005.
Old Mar 14th, 2004, 03:33 PM

Pete

MietteMeg was right in recommending Navini. We stayed there in late 2001 and we are going back for 10 nights next month.

The place is great for a relaxing break. It is very small, 10 Bures.

The staff are very friendly. We had a great time every evening sitting with the staff after dinner playing Vindy Vindy and drinking Kava. You are made to feel very welcome on the island.

You can spend you days lying on the beach cooling off by swimming over the reef while snorkling or by going out fishing. If you catch a Spanish Mackeral get the kitchen staff to make it up as Kokonda (sp?) which is raw fish marinated in coconut and lime. Excellent.

There is a reef nearby where surfing is available. I did not go out there but a Californian couple who were on the island the same time as us went out there and said it was pretty good.

We are hanging out for the holiday to begin for ourselves, only five weeks to go.

We have stayed on the mainland and on other islands in Fiji but we have found that Navini is the best.

Check out there website navinifiji.com.fj

It has their rates and a good selection of pictures which indicate what life is like on the island.

Whatever your choice I hope you have a great honeymoon.

Steve
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 07:21 AM

Depending on how much you want to spend, Turtle Island is a paradise retreat.
All inclusive and you can snorkel, scuba, fish or relax on one of the private beaches.