Reload this Page >

PSV v. Peter Island for Honeymoon - HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 05:03 PM
Amy

I am researching a honeymoon in mid-November. I have been all over the globe and have returned to sunny weather spots to do more research. My fiance and I are looking for a nice,private, romantic resort. We love to bike, hike, sun, anything outdoors. I want some luxury and pampering, I have to admit. We orignally found Peter Island, but are now hearing lots about Petit St. Vincent (PSV).<BR><BR>I cannot decide which would be better. Any input would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:32 PM
XXXX

?

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Peggy

Since you haven't got an answer & I am surprised since a lot of people have been to Peter Island, here are my thoughts. We loved PSV, not everybody does. We have not been to Peter Island & the 4 plex idea even on the beach does not sound private enough for me. I'm sure the food is better at PI but the privacy is the best at PSV. Neither I would put in the luxury or pampering class. But it is nice, private & romantic as you described. The cottages are isolated with wonderful views but just a short hill down to the beach, we enjoyed cottage #5. There is no biking that I remember but enough space to walk or hike around (there is a fitness trail & tennis courts) & watersports of course. We had no problem with the flag system to deliver drinks or lunch whenever or whereever we wanted it. Great breakfast to order on our terrace every morning & the flock of birds that followed to grab the crumbs was entertaining. Snorkeling trip to Tobago Cays a must, book ahead. We went in '95 so perhaps a more recent post would be helpful. We went to Cayo Espanto in April, off the coast of Belize, now that is pampering but a very small island, 5 villas, more for vegging out & watersports, not swimming but outstanding atmosphere. Good luck & I hope you get some more input. I imagine you would have a great honeymoon at either place.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:23 PM
Amy

Peggy - <BR><BR>Thanks for the reply and the info. We are glad to get input, as its seems this is going to be a tough decision.<BR><BR>

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Jill

Amy,<BR><BR>Do a Text Search of the archives here. There are 100s of threads that mention Peter Island, and also many for PSV or try Petite St. Vincent. This forum is known for its extensive archives.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Lisa

PSV and PI are very diffent vacations. I have been all over the Caribbean and would rate PI as one of the most beautiful and romantic places in the Caribbean. The accomodations are stunning, the beaches are beautiful and the food is wonderful. PSV is beautiful as well but it is more "rustic" and the food cannot even compare to that of PI. Just my thoughts. . .

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 04:43 PM
Sheila

We visited PSV in 2000 and are returning in July. I have not been to Peter Island. PSV was very private with beautiful beaches all to yourself. Food was ok and cottages very private. Had tennis and hikes (short - only 113 acre island). I think (and this is only my opinion) that PSV is more a more private resort and that PI has better amenities and better food. Only my 2 cents..good luck! Both are beautiful vacations.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 03:30 AM
ScubaMom

You can find several reviews of Peter Island and PSV at http://www.scubamom.com/caribbean/<BR><BR>Both are wonderful resorts for different reasons. If you want plenty of "cast away" privacy, almost like being on your own island, then PSV is a great choice. We prefer the hillside cottages, although some people love to be on the beach.<BR><BR>If you want lots of activities, day trip options, two restaurants, then Peter Island would be the best choice. I recommend the Beachfront rooms at PIR.<BR><BR>Hard choice!

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:28 AM
linda

Based on your description of yourselves, I think you would really like Biras Creek as well. You can read about it on Scubamom's site, too. Good luck, they all sound great to me!!

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Louis

We have been to Peter Island before the last hurricane damage, PSV not too long ago, and have walked by Biras Creek while it was closed for repairs. Since PI is owned by Amway Corp. it has a little more US feel to it. PSV is remote and is unique, there is nothing like it. Peggy gives an excellent review of PSV and you can rely on ScubaMom's comments. We were at PI before it was completely rebuilt and we did not find the accomidations, food or service then out of the ordinary. It may have improved greatly. But we tend towards very small places like Guana Island. As one other has mentioned, Biras Creek is worthing consideration. For my money and I think Peggy would agree Fiji is a better destination. She would pick Vatulele and I would pick Matangi. www.vatulele.com www.matangiisland.com However if you want Four Seasons type linen sheets and pampering, don't expect it at any of the destinations. <BR>

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 04:15 PM
happy

Peter Island is no longer an Amway property and extensive renovations expecially to the beachfront rooms make it spectacular. I found European guests at Biras which is a nice plus as is the complimentary whalers. They provide bikes for the guests also. Other than the lovely cottages at PSV, I really cannot say too many glowing things. I found the staff indifferent, the food miserable but the setting incredible depending on the cottage you were assigned. I found that PSV did have much more privacy and fewer people of course because it is a smaller resort and most chose to spend most of the time in private in the cottages with little socialization among the guests if you enjoy that. Guana was delightful but for more upscale and luxury with the amenities, I would have to pick Peter Island.

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Louis

Thanks for the update Happy. I had not realized that Peter Island had changed ownership. Do you know who owns and operates the resort currently? It can make a great difference. We might be interested in returning again sometime. The transportation to and from Tortola is great.