Here is the schedule...any advice

Aug 10th, 2002, 06:32 AM
Fred

Here is the schedule...any advice

Finally, selected the islands and hotel.

Moorea
Huahine
Bora Bora
Rangiroa

Now I am trying to plan the excursions. There are tons of good information out there, but one question I have is, if you do a shark feeding on one island, maybe we should select a different activity on another. It is difficult to choose. So far I selected

Moorea - Dr. Poole, 4x4
Huahine - ???
Bora Bora - 4x4,
Rangiroa- snorkel drift

I read different things about Dr. Poole,some say great, some say boring ?? I select this one since want to see dolphins and hopefully whales. I suppose I also need to leave time to just enjoy the resorts !!!!

Aug 10th, 2002, 08:17 AM
Sue

We did 4 X 4 tour, shark & ray feeding, and waverunners on Bora Bora and Dr. Poole's dolphin watching, parasailing, and rental car on Moorea. Really enjoyed them all. Dr. Poole is not action packed and the dolphins didn't spin in the air as I had hoped, but he is interesting, it was nice to see dolphins in their natural habitat, and it is a pleasant way to see the island from the water. Did not visit the other islands you are going to. You will love French Polynesia!

Aug 12th, 2002, 02:35 AM
Tiffany

Are you going to the Sauvage on Rangiroa? If you are, save the shark feeding for there. I have video and lots of pictures on our website, www.tahiti.wunschl.com If you have any questions, you can send me an e-mail through the site.

Aug 12th, 2002, 03:17 AM
Charlie

Fred I've only been to Moorea so heres my take on the excursions.I was not impressed with the 4x4 tour,it is not a true 4x4 adventure as you don't go off road much,you could rent a car for 4 hours and see the same sights except for the waterfall(big deal?).I've read that the Bora Bora's 4x4 is a real 4x4 excursion. Dr.Poole's trip is very nice and I would recommend one of the shark/ray/motu picnics instead of the 4x4. Just my 2 cents worth.....I know you'll have a great trip whatever you chose.

Aug 12th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Mike

We did the 4x4 tour on Huahine, we went off road twice and they took us to some beautiful locations. The best part of it was the sacred eels, but if you rent a car you can get there by yourself.
Mike