Reload this Page >

Help me impress my girlfriend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 1999, 03:28 PM
Mark

I'm planning my 1st trip to Fiji with my girlfriend and I need some sound advice. I'm looking to go for 10 days, traveling from New York. I want exotic, picturesque and very romantic. I don't want to be with a group. I like to split the trip into two island visits. My budget is around $6,000...is this enough to be pampered? I here good things from all of you about Turtle Island and Mantangi, are these the places to go to or is there any other suggestions? <BR>Don't let me down folks, I'm counting on you. <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 1999, 10:24 PM
Michael

Have a look at www.bulafiji.com. <BR>My recommendations would be Namale Resort or Wakaya Club, no children and absolute luxury.

Old Aug 28th, 1999, 11:16 AM
Louis

If your budget of $6,000 included round trip air fare, then places like Turtle Island, Matangi, Namale, etc. are out of the question. It is apt to cost about $3,400 RT for air for two. That leaves $160/day for room and meals. Matangi costs in the order of $440/day and Turtle Island more like $750/day. However, I think you can find places to stay in that price range. Perhaps others can help. You will not be pampered much in that price range, however.

Old Nov 24th, 1999, 07:27 PM
thomas

I'm going to work on the assumption that the previous post was correct about the airfare cost to Fiji from the states (that much - really?) and break the bad news to you. If you've got 6k and the airfare is $3,400 then you won't be being spoilt anywhere in Fiji I'm afraid. From Australia my wife and I budget $7,500 (about $6000 US) and stay in the better resorts (but certainly not anything like Turtle island etc) and our airfare is peanuts compared to yours from the US. <BR> <BR>$10k is more like it for what you are after. Remember thought that I'm assuming that your airfare is really that high.

Old Dec 23rd, 1999, 05:06 AM
Beryl

Hi Thomas <BR> <BR>I wish we could work on your conversion rate, not the official one's. My reckoning is we only get about 65 cents US to our dollar which makes US$6000 equal to about AU$9200. Oh well, we can always dream of what it used to be like!

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 05:28 AM
tim

i have recieved two different quotes to fiji from l.a. for 10 or 11 nites all-inclusive. castaway, hideaway, malolo island between 1650-1850pp. i drive a hard bargain. <BR>tim

Old Jan 10th, 2000, 09:18 AM
Louis

Tim, the quotes you received are what you would expect for properties in the class you mentioned including RT from LAX. Block air fare from LAX is around $800pp and that leaves $850-1000 pp for room and board, which is reasonable for 10-11 days. Mark the 1st post above, however has to fly from NYC, wants to be really pampered, and was talking about destinations in the class of Turtle Island, Namale, Wajaka Club and Matangi to name a few. You can't compare them with those you mentioned. If he cut his requirements he could get to the places you mentioned for less that $6,000 or more like $5,000. It is hard to know if this would meet his luxury pampering requirements.

Old Jan 30th, 2000, 01:23 PM
gb

I have a brochure in front of me from Costco (1-888-226-7826) that offers a 2855.00/person package for the Namale Resort which includes 1 night Sheraton Royal Denarau and 5 Nights Namale, "Tropical Bure",incl. all meals, drinks, some recreation, AND RT airfare on Air Pacific from LA. So that's not long enough but I think a much better quote than you're getting. Offer says price valid thru 3/23/2000.