Search

Hang-Gliding in Tahiti?

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Melissa

Hang-Gliding in Tahiti?

Hi again guys,<BR><BR>Thanks so much for all of your help so far.<BR><BR>I have another question for you FP experts - my fiance and I love adventure travel, and would like to try hang-gliding while on our honeymoon in FP.<BR><BR>Does anyone know of a reputable tour operator that offers hang-gliding on either Tahiti, Moorea, or Bora Bora?<BR><BR>Thank you!!

Old May 16th, 2002, 05:58 PM
pat

Do you mean hang gliding or do you mean parasailing? If you mean hang gliding, then learn it at home off a mountain. It`s not something you just try. It takes a lot of practice and you need a rating. If you mean parasailing off a boat, then yes. They do have that on the island of Moorea, if you are going there. What exactly do you mean? Maybe you mean you want to try hang gliding in tandem with an experienced pilot?

Old May 19th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Melissa

Hi Pat -<BR><BR>Yes, we do want to try hang-gliding, but in tandem with an experienced pilot.<BR>Definitely going to parasail too! <BR><BR>Do you know of any reputable operators in Tahiti?<BR><BR>Thanks so much!

Old May 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
pat

Saw only parasailing. Never saw hang gliding or paragliding. I did a tandem off Slide Mountain here in Reno, Nevada. My son used to be a pilot but got grounded when he had kids. Good luck!