Reload this Page >

Day Trip To Outback From Cairns?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:08 PM
John

I was wondering if this is possible or if you really need to hop on a plane and spend a few days there. <BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>John

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Melodie

John,<BR><BR>that is waaayyy too much territory to cover on a day trip! You would absolutely have to fly and spend a few days.<BR><BR>Melodie

Old May 18th, 2002, 07:45 PM
marg

I understand that you can do a day trip from Cairns to an outback property. You could try contacting www.cairns.aust.com.au<BR>for information.

Old May 18th, 2002, 10:10 PM
Mike

G'day John, <BR>as Melodie already said, <BR>you can't do it in a day. <BR>It'll take you at least a day's driving from any of our coastal cities to what I would call the outback. <BR>Any closer and the population tensity ( by our standards ) is too high and you'll come across heaps of tourists who also want to see the outback in a day. <BR>Closest city to the outback would be Adelaide. <BR>You could fly, lets say to Alice Springs, but there too all you strike is <BR>hundreds/thousands of tourist. <BR>To "experience" the outback you'll need to be away from major centers for at least a few days. <BR>Enjoy your experience, <BR>Mike

Old May 19th, 2002, 04:43 PM
JohnJ

I don't know if you would classify it as outback,but you can do a day or overnight trip to the "Lava Tubes" west of Cairns. You will see Kangaroo etc in the wild and get a sampling of QLD cattle country.<BR>Might be worth considering.