Great Barrier Reef

Mar 30th, 2002, 08:17 AM
andrea

Great Barrier Reef

Hi I was just wondering what part of the year is the best to snorkle/scuba in the great barrier reef. I'm thinking about going up to port douglas, but can't decide when. I'll be studying in perth (july-november) so I could fly out for five or so days during the semester or I can just wait till after school when I was going to do some traveling anyway, probably late november or december, this would be best but I hear that this isn't a good time to go to the reef. Any comments would be helpful thanks.

Mar 30th, 2002, 11:59 AM
not

Andrea, I think you have posted this question about 3 times and each time people have given you all the information that you could possibly need.
Do a search of this site for the details

Mar 31st, 2002, 02:07 PM
Andrea

actually I have never posted this question before, I have never even thought about this topic before a couple of days ago, so I would really appreciate some helpful comments from this sight and not so much rudeness and unwelcomeness.
Thanks to all of you that are actually helpful.
Andrea

Mar 31st, 2002, 03:10 PM
Rhonda

August & September would be my choice.

Mar 31st, 2002, 03:15 PM
andrea

Thank you for the helpful advice Rhonda
Andrea

Mar 31st, 2002, 06:49 PM
mina

I hear that Aug and Sept are pretty perfect, however everyone else probably thinks so as well. I hear it's pretty busy there during those times.

October starts their off season. When I went in November, a divemaster told me they live for October and November. Of course, with the rainy season starting around those times, it could be a crapshoot. (It also starts stinger season). However, I was there in the 2nd week of November. It rained one night when I was there, but every day for the week of my visit, it was glorious sunshine and very calm seas.

Have a great time.

Apr 1st, 2002, 08:24 AM
Louise

Andrea - if you go to www.oztravel.com.au and then to regional information and then the area you are interested in it will give you the yearly averages of temperature and rainfall.