GOLD COAST ACCOM??????

Jul 13th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Karen

GOLD COAST ACCOM??????

Help!

We are going to stay in the Gold Coast in late August, but as yet do not have anything booked? We are thinking of getting an apartment on the beach.

Does anyone have any recommendations on places to stay? We are also unsure which part of the Gold caost to stay in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 13th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Kay

Karen,
we liked Broadbeach, Mermaid Beach and Burleigh Heads and didn't like Surfers Paradise much (a bit rough/sleazy). We stayed at South Pacific Plaza in Broadbeach, right opposite the beach, and next door to shops, supermarket and restaurants. There are stacks of nice apartments in that area. Try:www.sunlover-holidays.com.au
There is also an airport on the Gold Coast, called either Gold Coast or Coolangatta. It's at the southern end of the Gold Coast area and closer than Brisbane which is about an hour away by car.
Kay

Aug 13th, 2002, 11:36 PM
Susan

St Tropez on the Goldcoast is great its right near the beach and walking distance to everthing it is not at all sleazy and rough. Its affordable and you have everthing you need in it!!

You should stay right in the heart of the goldcoast!! I stayed here when I went this year its a clean respectable and friendly place!!

Aug 14th, 2002, 03:43 PM
LIZ

Look at www.wotif.com and click on Australia and then Gold Coast. You will get the best deals there I can tell you. I will check myself and tell you the ones that I would stay at.

Aug 14th, 2002, 04:21 PM
liz

OK Karen I have just had a quick look at these are the hotels and prices for the next 2 weeks ( with some changes at different times)
Sheraton Mirage..$240
ANA 115
Conrad Jupiters 170 incl breakfast etc
Royal Pines ( lovely if you like Golf as its a Golf Resort)
Legends Hotel 128
Marriot 105

The Sheraton is on the Spit at Main Beach area
ANA, Legends, Marriot is in Surfer's Paradise
Conrad Jupiters is in the best location I think at Broadbeach with a monorail to the beach
Royal Pines is out a bit but has transport into the main areas.
Hope these help. Check out the site yourself for individial extras.