Finalized Honeymoon Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2003, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay -- here it goes. Subject to change only tours at this point I believe. . . let me know your thoughts or comments on tour <BR><BR>Also, looking for a flight readiness checklist ( Ambien, eye patches etc ) any other tips let me know! <BR><BR>June 2 leave PA to CA to Sydney<BR>June 3 int'l date line<BR>June 4 Arrive Sydney - Four Seasons (5 nt)<BR> Taronga Zoo, Ferry rides,Walk around<BR>June 5 BridgeClimb, Operahouse Tour, Dinner<BR> at Aria and Performance in Playhouse<BR>June 6 Spit to Manley Walk<BR> Dinner at Level 41 or Tetsuya? which?<BR>June 7 Dal Myles Blue Mts tour ( all day)<BR>June 8 OPEN ??? Anything in Sydney not <BR> here that we should do ???<BR>June 9 Hunter Valley Tour with Red Carpet<BR>June 10 Fly to Cairns - Drive to Port Doug.<BR> Stay Portsea ( 4 nts)<BR>June 11 Kuranda Rail/Skytram<BR> Dinner at On the Inlet<BR>June 12 David Armbust Tour <BR>June 13 Daintree/Cape Trib/ Silky Oaks tour<BR> with Australia Wilderness Experience<BR> Dinner at Nautilis<BR>June 14 Fly to Lizard Island (5 nts )<BR>June 14 - 19 Scuba, Relax and actually<BR> enjoy being married!!!<BR>June 19 Cairns - Radisson Plaza ( 1 nt )<BR>June 20 Fly, Fly, Fly Home : ( <BR><BR>Thats it. . . give me the comments you have and any TIPS for the things we are doing. <BR><BR>I can't wait and am SOOO excited -- EVERY ONE ON THIS BOARD has helped to make this trip become a reality and I THANK YOU! 4 months to wait now!! <BR><BR>Dawn<BR> <BR>
Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 11:54 AM

Hi Dawn,<BR>I think your itinerary look wonderful and I would not change anything you have planned. In all the area you are going to be you have left time to add those little things that you see what you get there that you may want to do and therefore have made the best possible use of your time. <BR>There is heaps and heaps of information available on North Queensland and about Sydney on arrival. Perhaps though check out the Sydney Explorer bus which will take you around those places you may not have thought about.<BR>Congratulations on your wedding and may you have a wonderful time.
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM

Tetsuya's is an awesome dining experience which I would highly recommend. Silky Oaks is a wonderful place to stay, can't wait to go back. Any chance of spending a couple of nights there instead of Port Douglas? You'll love Lizard Island. Try for one of the Anchor Bay suites. They are right on the water while the Sunset villas are on a bluff. We stayed in both and preferred the Anchor Bay suite, though the Sunset villas are more expensive. Congratulations!
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 03:44 PM

Try the Red Ochre Grill in Cairns. Good food with an Aussie flair that may make for a nice departure dinner.
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you both for the dining recommendations. . . I'll talk with our concierges to get them booked! <BR><BR>At Lizard we did book the Anchor Bay Suites for the exact reason you mentioned. <BR><BR>In Port Douglas, I think we'd prefer walking distance to the many nice restaurants there but our going to do the visit to Silky Oaks ( maybe next time ! ) Gotta see if I could take that much nature. . .<BR><BR>
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 01:55 PM

Hi Dawn<BR>It wasn't our honeymoon but we came back from our trip to Australia last year and all I can say is;<BR>On the Inlet is fun - be there for sunset if you can.<BR>Nautilis is very romantic - take a camera to remember, we got one of the staff to take our pic.<BR>We hired a convertible to drive around Cairns - sorry I cant remember the company name - but great.<BR>We also did a balloon trip with a local company - limousine pickup, a wonderful flight and then a very romantic breakfast just us at a cliff top resort.I found them at www.hotair.com.au <BR>We did Kuranda rail up and skyrail down - very pretty. There is a butterfly farm too in Kuranda definitely worth an hours stop.<BR>In Cairns there is a bar called Mondos on the water - good for a sunset drink.<BR>We didnt get to Lizard Is - I hear they have a blue lagoon - have fun!