Search

Fiji safety

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiji safety

Any opinions on the safety for a woman traveling alone in Fiji?
Old Oct 10th, 2019, 10:20 AM

Nadi& Suva Safety concerns

I understand this is an old post but I’ll reply to it incase someone searches for it.

Like most tourists, Nadi City will be your main hub as most tourism sectors are based there. Nadi is quite safe, the only hassle you will get there are the pushy sales people and taxi drivers. You should be very cautious when you go out clubbing in the main city as most of the troubles are there. Don’t go alone to the main clubs unless you have people to go with. Try and stick to the hotel or hostel bars.

Now if you are staying on the outer islands then you’ll be fine. The outer islands tend to have a better structured community environment so crime is pretty much non existent.

Be very, very very cautious if you are going to Suva which is the capital city. There are a lot of petty thieves wandering around looking for their target. If you are a solo traveler, try and not walk at night or go clubbing by yourself! There’s also a lot of scammers that will try and sell you stolen goods during the day.

Overall Fijians are great people and they will advise you on safety precautions especially in regards to Nadi and Suva City.
Old Oct 11th, 2019, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LonelyVaka
I understand this is an old post but I’ll reply to it incase someone searches for it.

Like most tourists, Nadi City will be your main hub as most tourism sectors are based there. Nadi is quite safe, the only hassle you will get there are the pushy sales people and taxi drivers. You should be very cautious when you go out clubbing in the main city as most of the troubles are there. Don’t go alone to the main clubs unless you have people to go with. Try and stick to the hotel or hostel bars.

Now if you are staying on the outer islands then you’ll be fine. The outer islands tend to have a better structured community environment so crime is pretty much non existent.

Be very, very very cautious if you are going to Suva which is the capital city. There are a lot of petty thieves wandering around looking for their target. If you are a solo traveler, try and not walk at night or go clubbing by yourself! There’s also a lot of scammers that will try and sell you stolen goods during the day.

Overall Fijians are great people and they will advise you on safety precautions especially in regards to Nadi and Suva City.
Thank you for your reply. I will take your advice