Reload this Page >

Economy Class on Air New Zealand vs. Air Tahiti Nui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2002, 10:20 AM
FP

My fiancee and I are planning an October 2003 honeymoon in French Polynesia. We have the option of flying either Air New Zealand (a Boeing 767) or Air Tahiti Nui (a Airbus 340) from Los Angeles to Papeete in ECONOMY class. Based solely on the quality of ECONOMY class service (with a primary emphasis on comfort, followed thereafter by entertainment and food), which carrier would you choose? My initial gut reaction based on visiting both carrier's web sites is to go with Air New Zealand based on the rather appealing Pacific class seat. Please help us out. Thanks!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 02:07 PM
tina

We flew on Air New Zealand from LA to Papeete and everything was great. I've heard some negative comments about Air Tahiti Nui, but never flown with them personally. Our Air New Zealand flight was in economy and it was just fine. Good luck!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 08:32 PM
Deb

Hi FP:<BR><BR>As luck would have it, I happen to have a magazine that has all the info on seats (pitch, etc) for the airlines here! It says economy in Air NZ is 86cm seat pitch. This is for a 747, but perhaps it's the same. You should be able to find the info for Air Tahiti.<BR><BR>I have flown Air New Zealand multiple time from LA to Sydney, and I think they are perhaps the best airline on that route. The seats are comfortable, the food is great, the staff is AMAZING (unlike US airlines!) and about 3 out of 6 times they've upgraded me to business class for no reason! Not bad.<BR><BR>If you do decide to fly them, when you check in make sure you're dressed okay (ie not in shorts and t-shirts) and ask if there is any chance of an upgrade. Mentionning your honeymoon wouldn't hurt!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:54 AM
Ericka

Have to agree with everyone's comments here. I have flown Air Tahiti and it was nothing special. I would compare it to your basic US carrier. Air New Zealand, however, is generally a &quot;top 5&quot; airline. I think it's safe to assume you'll have better seats and better service.<BR><BR>P.S. I've flown from LA to Papeete coach class on a pretty average carrier. As long as you request 2 seats alone and off to the side, you'll be fine. It's really not a bad flight at all. And of course, you can always request the emergency exit row!<BR><BR>Have a fabulous time!