Does anyone have an Australian Entertainment Book?

Jan 10th, 2003, 09:33 AM
KEC

Does anyone have an Australian Entertainment Book?

Hi~
I was looking on the Entertainment Book website (I have one for my area), and I saw that there are editions for various areas in Oz. The Australian EB website had some of the merchants listed, but not the specific deals. I contacted them to see if I could get a book for my trip in July, and they said that the book would be out in March/April.

Can someone with a current book look up the deal for Hayman Island? I saw it listed on the website, and when I contacted Hayman they said that the deal was whatever is listed in the book. Obviously, I don't have a book yet.

Also, are there any hotel deals in Sydney, Alice, Darwin or Port Douglas. Or any other islands?

Thanks for your help!

Jan 10th, 2003, 11:40 AM
Sandy

I used my San Diego Entertainment book to get a deal at the Quay West in Sydney. The Entertainment reservation number said that hotel isn't listed, but I emailed the hotel and they said they'd give me 1/2 off the rack rate. I'll be there in February.

Jan 10th, 2003, 12:00 PM
liz

Look up www.wotif.com.au for deals for hotels that will be available at the time you are coming. Although not quite accurate they will continue as long as you are a little flexible in where you want to stay.
Also wotif have a wotif hotel holiday deals for Australia which may have Hayman in that too...... the website should be advertised on the main wotif site. Good luck

Jan 10th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Anne

Would also love to get an Entertainment Book prior to my mid Feb departure. Anyone have any ideas on how to purchase one - even if the "old" edition is only good through March, that would work for us as we will be in Sydney for only 10 days.

Thanks!

Jan 10th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Jenny

I have one and use it all the time. Mine is for the Newcastle, NSW area but there are others available. They are about $55.00 each. Try this URL - http://www.entertainmentpublications.com.au/ and you should be able to get one in the area you need.

Jan 15th, 2003, 01:58 PM
KEC

Thanks for the replies.

Jenny,
Would you mind looking in your current Ent. Book for the Hayman Island discount. I am wondering what the book says about Hayman.

Thanks!

Jan 16th, 2003, 01:57 AM
Jenny

Hayman Island is 50% off the rack rate of any room, minimum of 5 nights stay. It also says it is available only to Australian Residents. Although my daughter stayed at a resort for half price and she only had to show the Entertainment Gold card.

The many other hotels it is available for all over Australia doesn't say that they are only for Aussies. All of them are 50% off the rack rate and some of them are:
Hilton Sydney, Holiday Inn Potts Point, Crowne Plaza Coogee Beach, Hotel Inter-Continental Sydney, Medina Grande Harbourside (all in Sydney) Brisbane Hilton, Conrad Jupiters, Club Crocodile, Gold Coast International, Port Douglas Quest Resort, (all in Qld) and many, many more all around Aust.

Also it has discounts for Avis, Budget, Movie World, Sea World, Sheriton, Rydges, Dunk Island, Hamilton Island.

Hope this helps.

Jan 16th, 2003, 06:31 AM
KEC

Hi Jenny~
Thanks! That helps a lot. I will definitely be getting a book, but not until April (when they issue the new books).

Can I bother you one more time to tell me what it says about Dunk Island? Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Keri

Jan 16th, 2003, 11:31 AM
Jenny

Hi Keri,

Dunk Island is 25% off the rack rate of the Garden Cabana Room plus one bonus night free. This also includes a full buffet breakfast and three course dinner each day.

Reading the fine print, it then goes on to say this is based on a min 5 night stay.

You must use the certificate printed in the book when ordering.

These books are great and we have been using them for a couple of years now. Have a great holiday, Keri.

Jenny