Cheap queensland trip for uni students

Dec 11th, 2007, 11:56 PM
ollo3

Cheap queensland trip for uni students

Two of us are looking at going away for a few days in Queensland.
However we are both university students so want to know if anyone can recommend something that is nice but still cheap.
Thanks for your help

Dec 12th, 2007, 11:32 AM

If you are looking for something cheap, but still want to do alot, I would recommend Contiki. I went on one this past July to Europe and I am going on another one to Australia this summer. I looked on their cite, and there are a few cheap trips in queensland that are under a week long. Here is a link to the cite.

www.contiki.com

Dec 12th, 2007, 12:25 PM

Queensland is a very big place. Can you be more specific as to what part of it you want to visit?

You'll probably find www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree a more useful forum for your purposes.
Dec 12th, 2007, 03:40 PM

I suggest Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands. Hire a small vehicle and the two of you can visit most of the best spots without joining a tour. Grab tour brochures and pick the eyes out of them. There is a youth hostel in Yungaburra and Cairns has plenty of them.

the Tablelands is cooler than the coast, has great scenery and that is where one goes for wildlife.
Jan 7th, 2008, 03:11 AM

The Cool Dingo 3 day tour on Fraser Island is excellent value and it is a spectacular part of the world. It is run out of the backpacker lodge and includes all the food and transport. In addition the Dingo Bar is great fun at night time. Just google "Cool Dingo" and Fraser Island for more info...