Castaway Island Resort

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 03:32 PM
judy

Castaway Island Resort

This place looks really nice on their webstite. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on Castaway? Specifically....is the sand white, is the water calm, is the water color aquamarine or "Windex" colored blue and lastly how is the snorkelling here, can you do it off the beach or do you have to take a boat out to the reef. Watersports and water clarity are very important to us. How would you rate the food? We are wanting to stay in one of the beachfront bures.
Thanks,
Judy

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 06:35 PM
Brandi

I have been to Fiji, but not to Castaway, I have, however sent clients there. I can tell you they loved it and said the water was perfect for snorkeling and the food was great. They did say it was a bit run down and in need of minor renovation, but they would go there again...hope this helps.
Brandi

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 01:00 PM
Mary

Castaway is very much geared towrds families. When I visited 2 years a go they'd crammed in even more bures (the roofes were touching). It also has quite a small beach which is also used for jet-skis, banana boats etc. While I didn't snorkel there on my last visit (I was only there for an hour or so) I have snorkelled there in the past and it is not that great (almost all sorkelling in fiji can be done off the beach - but boats do go out as well). Castaway is also one of the 'day-tripper' stop offs from the aminland. A large boat brings them out for a few hours - so the island gets very crowded.

Depending on what water sports you are wanting, and if you're travelling with children or not - you can do much better. For around the same price I'd prefer Tokoriki, Matamanoa or Navini all of which are less crowded, better quality and have better snorkelling.

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 03:47 PM
Brandi

If you want to compare castaway with Tokoriki, there is no comparison. Hands down, Tokoriki is the better of the two, and only slightly higher in cost.
Brandi

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 11:50 PM
cherie

Hi there
well castaway?? it is nice.but very children oriented and large which makes it not so personal. If you are travelling without yound kids and want somewhere fantastic for the same money or less Tokoriki is the place
It is amazing and has a unique atmosphere, its like you are part of their family...........

Old Feb 9th, 2002, 11:58 PM
cherie

check out this link and take a virtual tour

http://www.talpacific.com/