Cairns to Ayers Rock suggestions?

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cairns to Ayers Rock suggestions?

Hello! I was hoping someone may be able to give me suggestions for getting between Cairns and Ayers Rock in July. My daughter and I are on a tight schedule and want to get over there but only have 2 days (1 night) to do so. We also need to fly to Sydney afterwards. Qantas' scheduled flights are very limited..anyone know of another way? Thanks!
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:58 PM

Have you checked the schedules for Jetstar and Virgin ?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:52 PM

Received 77 Likes on 7 Posts
Qantas have two CNS-AYQ flights most days, the first one leaving at 6:30 AM and arriving at 9:20; there's just one from Ayers Rock to SYD, departing at 1:25, so you'd have a day and a half, more or less. One sunrise and one sunset no matter how you slice it.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 09:34 PM
Original Poster

Thank you both for your (extremely quick) responses! I knew about the other airlines and the qantas schedules.. however I was wondering about another, perhaps charter airline that may fly there? Also, how's the weather in July (chilly nights)? Anyone aware of a tour company that would have trips around Cairns and go to Ayers Rock?
Again, many thanks!
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 11:43 PM

Hi Toothmum,

Sorry to say that you are limited to QANTAS for flying between Cairns and Ayres Rock, no other airline flies this route.

The weather in July is absolutely perfect for visiting the Rock, beaut day time temps around the 20's celcius and no flies. However the nights will be cold and the early mornings will be darn right frosty.

As for tour operators running tours of Cairns and Alice, well there are not too many that do it as one tour. There is the following but it is decidedly more than just Cairns and Ayres Rock and I do not know what they charge, their website is:

http://www.uata.com.au/

Cheers

Paul_S