Reload this Page >

Buy airline tickets now or in Oz?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 07:05 AM
CK

Help! I am leaving for a two week trip to Oz soon. Should I buy the pass now or wait to buy until I am in Oz? A friend who recently went told me to wait-- that Qantas and Ansett provide deep discounts to international travelers. Any suggestions would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 02:07 PM
Peg

Claire, Definitely buy the international airpass before leaving home. Internal air travel is very expensive in Oz. Ansett and Qantas are both good so it wont matter which airline you choose. Peg.

Old Sep 8th, 1999, 02:07 PM
Peg

Claire, Definitely buy the international airpass before leaving home. Internal air travel is very expensive in Oz. Ansett and Qantas are both good so it wont matter which airline you choose. Peg.

Old Sep 12th, 1999, 07:16 AM
Leslie

Claire, <BR>I was in Austalia last Oct.98 and we booked our flight and room, etc for internal travel after we arrived. Although we priced the air passes that you can buy here in the US, everything was cheaper booking in Aus. because the exchange rate was so good. <BR>Although we usually book independent travel, we arranged a pkg. that included round trip flights to Cairns from Sydney, r/t bus to Port Douglas, an overnight at Silky Oaks for about 40% less than we could have booked on our own here in US. we used a Quantas agent in Sydney. We did book our stay in Cairns and Port Douglas ahead of time & here in US because we used Entertainment card for Cairns. Cairns is very busy and I highly recommend Port Douglas and points North. <BR> <BR>Have a great time. <BR>Leslie

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 01:50 AM
janine

Hi Claire, <BR> <BR>You need to give prices for us locals to compare to here. I think that you would get a great deal over there because of the dollar. A friend of mine who is canadian came over with his tickets already arranged and it was much cheaper. The cheapest internal flight here would be from Melb or Sydney to e.g Tasmania $200. Melb - Sydney $250, Melbourne to Queensland $400. All approximate and in Aus $!! Just so you have an idea. Forget Peg, I think you would be better doing it from home!