Search

Bugs at Ayers Rock?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Seamus

Bugs at Ayers Rock?

We have been told that there are tons of mosquitos at Ayers Rock. Someone said we should buy a hat with netting here at home and wear it.<BR><BR>They said that the hats/nets are avail for sale at Ayers Rock but that they are not that high in quality. <BR><BR>What do you think?

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 01:31 PM
liz

I think someone is having a go at you!!!!!!

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 03:24 PM
ALF

Mozzies are generally not that much of a problem in Uluru/Kata Tjuta, but at certain times of the year (late summer and spring), there is a big blowie (blow fly) problem. They are extremely annoying and will attempt to get in your face, ears, eyes, nose, etc. You can buy netting that has an open weave (i.e. mozzies could fly right on through), that attaches to the brim of a hat and hangs down around your head. This is usually sufficient to keep most blowies away.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 08:45 PM
Kay

You might be better off with a hat for the sun and RID on your face, arms etc for bugs. RID is insect repellent, in a purple container and comes in roll-on (good for the face) or spray. Easily available at pharmacies and tourist shops.<BR>Kay