Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Australia & the Pacific
Reload this Page >

Breakfast/Dinner out in BB Lagoon or Four Seasons??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there,

I´m travelling with my wife to Tahiti im June/09, and we´re planning to stay 2 nights in Moorea (Sofitel Ia Ora), and 7 nights at Bora Bora.

Originaly we are planning to stay some days in Novotel (with breakfast included) and the rest of the period in Maitai (w break/dinner), both located in the island and close to the market´s and restaurants, allowing us to by out some snack or drinks.

But, after check some pictures and reviews of others Bora Bora Hotels, like Bora Bora Laggon Resort and Four Seasons, we start to dream to enjoy some days in those locations, both located on Montus.

We´re ready to increase the cost of the travel with the higher rate, but we are VERY affaid about the cost of food on those places. Four Seasons are offering a plan with breakfast included, but it´s not avaliable at Bora Bora Lagoon Resort.

How much (+/-) is a breakfast/dinner on those locations, and PRINCIPALLY, is it possible/viable to get out from the hotels and have a breakfast on the main island?

Thank´s for your help/comments,

Roger
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 05:03 PM

I read once of the alternate means of transport there being a reasonably quick flight you'd likely pay the cost of a few breakfasts for or somewhat cheaper quick ferries or dirt cheap slower boats.

But really Roger, surname is not Rabbit by any chance is it for it's near one of those FMD dilemmas though I doubt RR would get drunk on carrot juice, though we could explore fermentation I suppose.

But if you're to quibble on what cost of meals may be here or there, are you really prepared to go?, and say, howabout go on a health kick, next couple of months, all fresh stuff and make up meatloaf to have with spuds,rice, pasta or salad and you'll save a load of loot and be in a condition to get the most out of the holiday and be less concerned with what it'll be costing for breakfast.

Put your mind further to the task at hand and go to market before jumping on the ferry and take yourself a load of fruit and whatever else you might fancy for breakfasta to Bora Bora.

As for inter island transport times/means/costs, http://www.tahiti-tourisme.com/ ought to have something.
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 05:52 PM

Hello Roger. I have not been to Tahiti, however I have friends who have been, all be it some time ago, & they also remarked on how expensive Tahiti & the resorts were.
Sorry I can't help with any up to date information, however wanted you to know that not all on this thread are as rude or as personal as the previous poster.
Good luck in accessing some worthwhile information & please don't stop asking questions.
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 02:35 AM

Oh Webboe, you do struggle to gain any sense of humour don't you?, must be all that damp weather you've had.
Hadn't seen you come in out of the weather for a while but you were just waiting were you?
Roger, Webboe is one of our perennial stalking types!
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM

Not everyone gets your sense of humour.
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM

Webboe you're too tightly wound and does it help the blisters?
Old Apr 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM

Bushranger.. dude what where you smoke'n? If that's humor, it didn't come off right, at least not on this post. 'Nuf said.

I thought Roger's comment was a good question. And Kudo's to Webboe for addressing the original post.

I won't be checking back though, so save your breath bushranger
Old Apr 21st, 2009, 05:54 AM

All hotels offer meal plans (if you want to pre-pay for breakfast and/or lunch, dinner). Of course you can also purchase meals a la carte at the hotels. Prices do vary with the exchange rate. American breakfast can range from $25 USD to $50 USD per person per day and breakfast/dinner plans can be from $100 USD to $150+ USD per person per day.

Some hotels offer complimentary American breakfast daily as part of a promotion (may be dependent on the number of nights, etc.). As you consider staying on a motu (a great experience!), do keep in mind that some hotels are more convenient to the main island and primary village of Vaitape (such as the Bora Bora Lagoon, Pearl, and Bora Bora Nui).

At the present time the Bora Bora Lagoon offers complimentary boat transfers to and from Vaitape. The Four Seasons charges for its shuttles (1500 XFP per person, one way).