Reload this Page >

Bora Bora/Tahiti/ Fiji/Bali honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Diana

HELP! We are trying to decide between the Carribean and going all out in these fabulous looking islands! We have researched a few places- such as Le Meridien Bora Bora, and a few other hotels there- but I would love some specific suggestions! We are hoping to go to two different places and we are VERY fond of the bungalow on the beach/water thing- My dream is to have my coffee and jump right onto the beach! thanks!!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 02:28 AM
monica

Caribean or Pacific ??? <BR> <BR>If you are in a waterbungalow in bora bora, you can jump up from the bungalow the the water (but take care maybe you break you leg, it's just 1m. deep). I don't know about Bali, but I think the beach can not be compared with pacific islands. Bali is for to do excursions. Don't know about fiji but I think it have to be precious and you can jump into the water too. I know it's more dificult to do it in Tahiti, it's no so beautiful as bora bora. <BR> <BR>Monica

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Holly

We just returned from Bora Bora Pearl Beach Resort - it was amazing. No question, if I could go anywhere in the world - I would just go back there - it was perfect. We stayed in a garden bungalow, which doesn't sound as glamorous as the overwaters, but we had our own yard, including a pool and lounge chairs. It was much more private than the OW style, but you can't go wrong in any of the bungalows. Have a great honeymoon and feel free to email with questions. I love talking about my trip and can't wait to go back. p.s. There were a lot of other people there on their honeymoons, so everyone is in that mode.

Old Jun 6th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Diana

Thanks monica and Holly- I just got in touch with a travel agent that trying to steer us towards Bali- I am so torn- Those bungalows are just dreamy!! Holly- Did you just stop in Bora Bora and for how long?? Was there anything to do at night/ places to eat besides the hotel/ and activities during the day?? thanks!!

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Holly

Diana, <BR>We stayed on Bora Bora for six nights and Tahiti one night just because of flight schedules. Don't spend much time on Tahiti - go right to the outer islands. There was a boat shuttle at our hotel that took us to town for necessities (beer, wine, water, snacks)and to the various restaurants at night. It was pretty easy to use. There were lots of activities, we did the shark/ray feeding which was terrific. We were also going to scuba, but my husband got an ear infection so we didn't. Mostly we just laid around and looked at the most beautiful scenery you could imagine. The water in front of our hotel looked just like a swimming pool with no current. Super warm too. Not many fish right there b/c the reef was further out, but they had snorkeling excursions, etc. We saw the most beautiful coral garden with the brightest colors underwater. We even tried to extend our trip b/c I was just not leaving that place - we couldn't get an international flight later in the week though, so I'll just have to go back. Good luck whatever you decide, it sounds like you can't go wrong.

Old Jun 7th, 2001, 04:35 PM
LordBalfor

Note to Diana: There is very little nightlife at the Bora Bora Pearl Beach (or anywhere else on Bora Bora for that matter). I'm not saying I don't recommend it - just the opposite in fact. It's pretty near to paradise as far as I'm concerned - but there is simply little to no nightlife there. If you want to see what it looks like take a look at my photos on Webshots.com at: <BR>http://community.webshots.com/user/lordbalfor <BR> <BR>Or for more info read my reviews on Epinions.com at: <BR>http://www.epinions.com/trvl-review-.../tk_~CB003.1.2 <BR> <BR>Nightlife or no - the Bora Bora Pearl Beach is incredible. For more info feel free to e-mail me. <BR> <BR>Ken <BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2001, 09:21 AM
Deb

We went to Moorea in January for a week and only stayed in a O/W bungalow one night, I wish we would have done it for more nights. It was very private and romantic. We jumped in the water and snorkeled when we felt like it and at night left the patio doors open and listened to the ocean. A lot of people we met divided their time between Moorea and Bora Bora. We just stayed on Moorea but I would definitely stay in an OW a couple of nights if you can afford it. Let me know if you need recommendations.

Old Jun 11th, 2001, 06:04 AM
Melissa

Diana, <BR>Please define what you want for your honeymoon. I have been traveling to the South Pacific for 20+ years. I prefer Fiji over Tahiti simply because the resorts areof the same quality(4 or 5 stars) and the resorts are limited to small numbers of guests. Fiji has friendlier people. Food is the same.Go fiji.Email me with questions.