Search

booking on the internet

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:55 AM
pat

booking on the internet

Am thinking of booking a hotel in Sydney on the internet. How do I know if I am dealing with a legitimate company? I was going to try www.austcorporate.com/hotels. Anyone used them? It makes me a little nervous!

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Dick

I booked several places in Australia over the net. <BR> <BR>I only dealt directly with the properties and did not go through any third party agent or service. I had no problems at all,

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 10:30 AM
pat

I was trying to find the email address for the 4 points Sheraton and also, the Darling Harbour all seasons, but had no luck. how did you do it? I kept getting into Asia travel.com. I guess I could always write them a letter, if it comes to that.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:05 AM
pat

Dick, thank you so much! I managed to find the sheraton`s number and booked us a room on Darling Harbour for less than the price I saw at any of those on line agencies! Thank you again.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 11:23 AM
Dick

Pat, <BR> <BR>Glad I could help, My wife and I booked our whole trip (2 weeks in Oz and one week in New Zealand) over the net. <BR>In some cases, I did use for confirmations. <BR> <BR>In addition to being cheaper, we didn't have to give a deposit or pay 30 days in advance...we used our VISA card for room guarantees. If we did have to cancel, our only obligation to get a full refund was 4 pm cancellation. <BR> <BR>When are you going...do you know your itinerary...we absolutely loved Australia and New Zealand. <BR> <BR>I got a lot of help from other online and am glad to return the favor. <BR>

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 01:02 PM
pat

Hi Dick, We are actually taking a Princess cruise around NZ and also, going to Hobart, Melbourne, and Sydney as part of the cruise. We were in Sydney, Melborne and Cairns in May and loved it, too. We need two nights lodging in Auckland, too. Any ideas?

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 01:37 PM
dick

Pat, <BR> <BR>Sorry I can't help you with Auckland. We spent a week on South Island and just flew back to the States from Auckland.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 04:31 PM
pat

I am trying the Ascot parnell B%B that someone on another thread suggested. It looks lovely.

Old Oct 25th, 2001, 06:08 PM
David

A friend of mine who visited Australia turned me on to www.wotif.com. He received great service. I am looking at them for an upcoming trip. <BR> <BR>They are similar to quickbook in the US -- great rates on all types of properties (5 star to budget). You have visibility for two weeks in advance. <BR> <BR>They have last minute deals for Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, and the UK.

Old Oct 26th, 2001, 08:40 AM
anna

I prefer to book on-line, and almost always do when traveling within the US. However, after many trips, I've learned that in Oz, Europe and Asia I can almost always get the best rate by calling or faxing the hotel directly. I usually do some checking on the internet, and once I have an idea what the rate should be I call, 9 of the last 10 times I did this the hotel offered me a lower rate. I don't do anything special, just call and ask the rates for the dates I'm interested in. The last ten times I've done this I've been offered better rates over the phone than I could find on the internet or with a travel agent. Good luck.

Old Oct 30th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Liz

I have used www.wotif.com.au and they are great...have a backup phone no. in case you have problems and can do by phone.....new special rates come out each week (Mon./Tues.) Another is www.lastminute.com.au but definitely only online.