Search

Blue Mts. vs. Hobart?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2007, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Mts. vs. Hobart?

Hi! We will be in Australia at the end of Nov. 07, and have 2 days between Melbourne and Sydney. Does anybody recommend going to the Blue Mountains or down to Hobart?
Old Aug 5th, 2007, 11:01 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Heidi -

I dearly love Tasmania, but with only two days to work with, I suggest you add that time to your Sydney segment and see the Blue Mountains, or perhaps explore a portion of the Great Ocean Road from Melbourne.

Flying to Hobart from Melbourne takes close to an hour and personally, I wouldn't make the trek unless I could spend some quality time there. Tassie is worth as much time as you can give it.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 01:17 AM

Hi there,

Agree with the previous poster, especially if your trip so far is Sydney and Melbourne and those two cities only.

An essential ingredient in any trip to Australia, I reckon, is to experience the hugeness of the landscape. You'd get that in Tassie, but hard in 2 days, and you'll get it in the Blue Mts too.
The GOR is nice but doesn't have the same awe-factor IMHO!

Most people do the BM in a day and that's fine, but if you have a good chunk of time in Sydney already, and like walking, an overnight is great too.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 03:55 AM

I have to agree with the others. I think rushing down to Hobart is making good use of your time. It would be better to do the Blue Mountains or spend some time along the Great Ocean Road. Weatherwise, both should be good at that time of the year.

Personally the concept of city, city and city does nothing for me as, to a certain extent, you are repeating the same experiences, and yes, I know each of those three cities has something different to offer. I would always break it up with seeing something of the countryside as well.
Old Aug 6th, 2007, 03:56 AM

As I am sure is obvious, the previous post should have said 'rushing down to Hobart is NOT making a good use of your time'.