bloomfield track or Mossman gorge?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Taking tony's tropical tour, which of these would be the better choice as this is what diffrentiates one tour from the other?

I am staying in Ellis Beach, and am from California where I see lots of waterfalls (Yosemite etc..) Is Bloomfield falls pretty impressive?
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 03:01 PM

Again myst I would consider the Bloomfield Falls just part of the journey but then did not see them during wet season. I was a bit dissapointed with our trip along the track as it was dusty and all the four wheel drives passing through had thrown so must dust up all the forest was drowned in it.

However our tour wasn't the best and I would never recommend it. Tony's maybe a better option.

I would hope the focus would be more on the rainforest itself rather than the falls.
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 07:25 PM

Mossman Gorge is great for a swim - we had a car for our trip and we went out there a few times just for a dip - not a fan of guided tours - very sanitised - have fun - great part of Australia
Old Jul 15th, 2006, 08:35 PM

You do get a lot of tour buses at Mossman Gorge but can imagine Tony would know what best times to avoid them. Myst, why not ask Tony, conditions vary at Bloomfield due to weather and time of year.

Karen 246, unless you rent your own 4WD you can't visit Bloomfield Falls without using a tour and a guide like Tony will give you so much more insight into area than you'd ever discover on your own.

If you have your own car at Ellis Beach, which is pretty necessary anyway, its only a short drive to Crystal Cascades, via Redlynch Valley, between Ellis Beach and Cairns. Very similar to Mossman Gorge, some say a lot better. No tour buses, indeed no public buses, so far fewer visitors.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 04:47 AM

Mossman Gorge is a pretty sort of place with short boardwalks, a big car park and lots of people.

The Bloomfield Track? - to my mind that means a trip to Cooktown (weell worth doing) - but all previous respondents have just referred to Bloomfield Falls.

What exactly does the tour offer?