Best time for Sydney Bridge Climb

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are planning to do the Bridge Climb when we are in Sydney 2/21-2/24. I am going to wait until I can see a weather report for the dates before booking, but would like to book online to secure a spot.

Is there a better time of day to go - morning or afternoon? I understand Twilight is amazing, but we do not want to pay the upcharge for it. Thank you!
Old Feb 6th, 2005, 12:53 PM

People rave about the twilight sessions, because you get a chance to see Sydney by day on the way up, and with all the lights on, on the way back.... but, as you say, you pay a premium for the privilege. The only other advice I would give you is that early in the morning is probably not the best time for photography, as you are looking into the sun when you face all the best parts of the harbour. In the afternoon the sun is behind you as you face the Opera House, and the photographic opportunities are sensational.
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 04:21 AM

Hi cmack,
I know there are probably perfect times to climb the bridge. Having done it twice,once in the mid morning and second time mid afternoon, I can say there was not a huge difference between the two. The exception as alan says is twilight and you have to weigh up the cost.Photography is not a problem so much as you can't take your camera up there anyway and the team leaders are well accustomed to getting the great shot with the opera house behind you.
What ever time you decide Iam sure you will thouroughly enjoy it, it's a bit pricey but believe me it's well worth the trouble.
We booked the last time on line from home, but first time we turned up at the start of our visit to Sydney and booked it for the last day.
Once it's booked I don't think you can cancel unless Bridgeclimb cancel due to the weather.
Have fun

Muck
Old Feb 7th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Excellent information - just what I needed. Thank you!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 09:40 AM

Book the last non- twilight climb. You will get some of it on your way down for free!
Old Feb 8th, 2005, 11:11 AM

Good idea lcuy-- we will do that