Search

Barossa vs. Hunter Valley

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barossa vs. Hunter Valley

Hi everyone

I have the choice of an extra day in the Sydney area or an extra day in the Adelaide area. I would like to use it to visit either the Barossa Valley or the Hunter Valley. If you had to choose, which would you choose and why?

Many thanks!
Old Oct 26th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Hi MaeT,

With only a day to choose then I would opt for the Barossa as it is closer to Adelaide. Both wine regions have excellent wineries but it is easier and quicker to get on a Barossa winery tour from Adelaide than the Hunter from Sydney.

It is not impossible to do a Hunter day tour but I think the Hunter is best done as a two day tour taking in Port Stephens as well.

Cheers

Paul_S
Old Oct 27th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the information and opinion Paul. I was leaning towards the Barossa so I'll continue to look into it. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Thanks!
Old Oct 28th, 2004, 04:04 AM

Last April we booked a wine tour of the Barossa vineyards and thought it was terrific. Booking a tour enabled us to taste and enjoy the wines at each of the wineries we visited without having to think about driving. I recommend this method if you really like wine. We found Adelaide to be a great city in which to spend time, so after the tour and for the next couple of days we had fun exploring the city and some of the nature parks. We choose the Adelaide area because the the reputation of the wines in the Barossa valley. Had we been able to stay longer we would have gone to the other wines valleys in the Adelaide area as well. Just not enough time! I can't speak to the Hunter Valley, since we weren't able to fit it into our schedule. Kathy