Reload this Page >

Bali and Indonesia in February

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 1997, 12:54 PM
Derek Taner

My fiancee and I are getting married on February 14th (Valentine's Day!!!). We want to spend our honemoon traveling throughout Indonesia for 2 weeks. However, we are concerned about traveling during the tail end of the monsoon season. Is the wind and rain generally heavy in the final two weeks of February? If yes, would this weather dampen our sightseeing plans?

Old Aug 22nd, 1997, 06:14 AM
joelle

Bali a is a superb destination for a honeymoon !
But I am surprised with your query as I thought the rainy season in Bali started in November to end up late January. So February should be ok.
Anyway, there is always the risk of some minor but impressive thunderstorm (as it happened to us end of August), as this is a tropical/equatorial climate, i.e. hot and humid climate. Regards. Joelle

Old Oct 15th, 1997, 02:26 AM
Kjell Brataas

Congratulations! I visited Bali in February and March of this year and really enjoyed the island. However, we had some rain almost every day of our visit, and a few times it rained almost all day. But, it is always warm, and we found that sightseeing etc. took so much time that we didn't need sunshine every day. Suggestion: Stay in Sanur and take a trip for a few days to Ubud.

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 07:12 AM
peter brems

Old Nov 4th, 1997, 07:14 AM
peter brems

we want to go to java, sulawesi, lombok and bali in march. Can anyone tell me something about the ramadan in Indonesia?