Reload this Page >

ayers rock-Sounds of Silence?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 04:15 PM
john

Any comments on the Sounds of Silence dinner at the end of December?<BR>Worth it? <BR>bugs and flies?<BR>Sure sounds nice.<BR>Thanks

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 05:33 PM
alan

John, I don't know anything about it, but I would say that bugs and flies are a "given". If you can't take these, then Australia in December is not the place for you!

Old Nov 9th, 2001, 09:43 AM
Marija

Went to the Sounds of Silence dinner in September and found it very enjoyable.( No bugs and flies in September, never even unpacked the insect repellant we carried all over Australia.) The food is buffet style, but quite good. We had a delightful evening and would highly recommend it. We had read some negative comments about the Sounds of Silence dinner and I'm very glad we ignored them and went.

Old Nov 16th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Bruce

how does one book the sounds of silence dinner from the usa before we go. We are staying at the sails in the desert hotel and would like to do the dinner. Also is that 120 australian dollars a couple or a person. So would that be about 60 US dollars a person. Let me know thanks. bruce

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 11:08 AM
LN

Hi John<BR><BR>We went to the Sounds of Silence dinner in March and yes, there were bugs and flies. You may thoroughly enjoy it - it didn't have the same effect on us.<BR><BR>It is a buffet dinner and you walk up a slight incline in the sand to start serving yourself.<BR><BR>The price, as I remember was $120AUD per person which comes to about $65 US pp. <BR><BR>And bruce, you can probably send an e-mail to your hotel and they will make your reservations for you.<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip - Australia is magnificient!!

Old Nov 17th, 2002, 06:41 PM
Paul S

Hi John,<BR><BR>To be brutally honest with you, I would be very surprised that you would feel much like eating out in the open at Ayres Rock in December. Besides the heat our fly season is just starting and it is already shaping up to be a bad one, when you look around and physically see your surrounding area has a black tinge to it then you know there are a whole lot of flies to contend with.<BR><BR>Cheers<BR><BR>Paul S