Reload this Page >

Australian domestic airlines-part 2

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 1999, 06:21 PM
Kittie

Hello, <BR> <BR>A few months ago I asked about the pricing difference between Ansett and Quantas, I appreciate all the advise I received. <BR> <BR>Are there other domestic carriers I should be considering? I just want to cover all the bases. <BR> <BR>Thank you. <BR> <BR>Kittie

Old Nov 19th, 1999, 04:59 AM
Dick

I don't believe there are any other domestic carriers in Australia. <BR> <BR>We were in Autralia last November, and purchased a "book" of flight segments on Qantas which worked out cheaper. <BR> <BR>Also, Qantas is partnered with US Airlines so we were able to get frequent flyer miles on our USAir account.

Old Nov 19th, 1999, 08:39 AM
danni

Ansett and Qantas are the 2 main domestic carriers in Aus. There are smaller airlines but these tend to be a little dearer and harder to book from OS. <BR>Ansett is affiliated with United Airline in case that helps

Old Nov 19th, 1999, 03:04 PM
Kittie

Thank you both. <BR> <BR>I like the 'book' idea. Thanks for confirming that it is less expensive. <BR> <BR>Kittie

Old Nov 20th, 1999, 05:37 PM
Kittie

Dick, <BR> <BR>Please tell me about the book of flights. All I know is an overview I read in a travel book. <BR>When do you actually book a particular flight? Are there restrictions? If you don't mind me asking...how much did your book cost? <BR> <BR>Thanks. <BR> <BR>Kittie

Old Nov 21st, 1999, 08:27 AM
Dick

Kittie, <BR> <BR>I just checked and the "book" system works a little different now. <BR> <BR>For specific info cal Qantas at 800-227-4500 and tel them you are interested in the Boomerang Pass. It is only available to Non-Australians. <BR> <BR>Before purchasing, you will need to give them your ticket number off your international ticket. <BR> <BR>The minimum # of couposn is 2 and max is 10..sample fare...Sydney to Cairns=155 <BR>and Sydney to Christchurch= 199 <BR> <BR>Hope this helps <BR>Dick

Old Nov 22nd, 1999, 03:21 PM
Kittie

Dick, <BR> <BR>Thank you so much for your help. I'll call this week. <BR> <BR>Kittie