Australia/New Zealand in Feb

Sep 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Australia/New Zealand in Feb

We are planning a trip to Australia and New Zealand in February.
In Australia we have people to stay with in Sydney and we want to go to Ayers Rock and Cairns. In New Zealand we want to go to the South Island, Milford Sound and Queenstown for bungy.
How long do we need? Are there any good airfare deals that anyone knows of? We live in Canada.
Sep 6th, 2007, 09:12 AM

I wouldn't try to do this itinerary in fewer than 3 full weeks and at least 4 would be better.
Sep 6th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Cairns and Atherton Tablelands will be wet at this time of year but it is warm and wet. You might even find it hot if you exercise.

Still it is a great time of year/ The locals just take off as much clothing as is socially acceptable and go about despite the rain.
Sep 8th, 2007, 07:30 PM

Best get to making resrvations soon. I found several places that I wanted to stay had already been booked for Jan- Feb. I just went to another choice, but... it is a busy time on the SI.
Sep 9th, 2007, 06:22 AM
Jed

Do you plan to fly in and out of QT? See more of SI? That would determine how much time you need.
Sep 25th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

I gather we will have to fly into Queenstown as it appears to be far from everything. Any idea on flight passes I could get within New Zealand in particular?
I plan on doing this itinerary in 4 wks.
Also is Ayers Rock truly worth the travel time there? or should I choose some place else?