Australia in November

Jun 4th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Australia in November

Hi, I plan to head to Australia for a solo trip from Texas in late November. Any suggestions on how to utilize my short time there and which part of Australia would be best suited to my interests.. I was hoping to do one week in the Outback and one beach. Iím a nature and animal lover. I want to scuba dive and hike. Also, anything particular to see in let spring? Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks!
Jun 4th, 2019, 04:06 PM

Well, you need to narrow things down - pick a state - or two. Australia is near the size of the US, so your question is akin to asking "where does someone who likes diving, desert, beach, wildlife, nature and hiking visit in the US"?

FWIW - the outback in November will be miserably hot and fly-infested.

I'm partial to WA, but that's a haul from Texas - most first time visitors head 'over east' which narrows your options somewhat, but not much. Most folks from the US fly into Sydney and go from there.

November is a great time for wildflowers in WA and SA. The beaches in WA are spectacular. There is plentiful hiking. And copious Outback. But two weeks is woefully insufficient.

Take a look at the eastern states

https://www.australia.com/en-us
Jun 4th, 2019, 05:30 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! Unfortunately I have American vacation so I have to just deal with what I have hahaha.
Jun 4th, 2019, 06:17 PM

Understood. I'm just saying that you need to do what makes sense - as in the eastern side of the country - and you're going to have to narrow things down to one or two states. I'd start with a guidebook, see what interests you the most and go from there.

Last edited by Melnq8; Jun 4th, 2019 at 06:21 PM.
Jun 5th, 2019, 02:37 PM

HaHa, Thetravellife - unfortunately for you, Australia doesn’t shrink to fit US holiday allowances

https://www.buzzfeed.com/simoncrerar...ustralian-maps

I agree with Melnq8 - consider the East Coast. Tasmania would be a good choice in November.
Jun 10th, 2019, 02:24 PM

If you're keen on seeing rural Australia rather than "the outback", November would be a pretty nice time for Alpine regions of southern NSW up to the Blue Mo, Eastern Victoria and even the ACT as well. Beautiful and green, topology somewhat similar to the Appalachians but different as well. Reminds me of the Smoky Mts mixed with Jurassic Park sometimes.