Auckland Summer Weather

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 10:32 AM
Dee

Auckland Summer Weather

We are planning 3 weeks in Australia and New Zealand next February and March. We will be spending 5 days in and around Sydney before boarding our ship for a cruise around Australia and New Zealand. We will end up in Auckland for 3 days. We thought we might like to stay in a B&B after being in hotels and on on a ship for so long. However, I am finding that the B&Bs are not air-conditioned and some show mesquito netting around the beds. What is the usual temperature and humidity the firs of March? Do we need to look a hotels that are air conditioned? Thanks for all responses.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:00 PM
trevor

No this is not a hot time and you won't need airconditioning. Probably only needs airconditioning one day per year in Auckland - if that.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 03:57 PM
ALF

Auckland has similar weather to Northern California. Add 6 months to Auckland's date and think of the weather there. The first of September in Northern CA is a delightful time of year, and it will be in Auckland as well.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Christa

Put your worries to one side, you will definitely not require air-conditioning in Auckland, NZ has a SUB - tropical climate so humidity shouldnt be an issue in March.
Day time temps will be in the mid / high 20s (celcius) and quite cool in the evenings.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:20 AM
pat

You don`t need to worry about a/c. We went in Feb and it did nothing but rain! It was supposed to be an unusual summer, so I hope you have better luck than we did.

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:21 AM
pat

I should have mentioned that the bad weather was in NZ. In australia it was very hot and sunny.

Old May 7th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Mandy

Hi,
Let me assure you you will *not* need air conditioning!

It can be occassionally surprisingly humid in summer, but nothing unbearable. You are much more likely to get 3 days of rain, than 3 days of sun/stifling heat!

This year summer completely passed me by without me even noticing it!

Australia will be warmer (quite-very hot)but I guess on a cruise it will be cooler.
Sounds like a great trip.
Mandy