Search

All-inclusives??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 05:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All-inclusives??

Are there any upscale all-inclusives in Tahiti suitable for a honeymoon?
Old Dec 22nd, 2003, 09:12 AM

The only all-inclusive place that I know of in French Polynesia is the Bora Bora Club Med - hardly an upscale place though. Most resorts offer meal plans which MAY be cheaper than purchasing your meals seperately - but I don't know of any true "All-Inclusive" type resorts like they offer in places like Mexico.

Also, keep in mind that the best beaches (actually lagoons) in French Polynesia are not on Tahiti itself. Most visitors pass through Tahiti on their way to Bora Bora, Moorea, etc and then actually stay on those islands instead.

Ken
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 10:55 AM
sandi

ttt

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 11:07 AM
sandi

Sorry to have to do that, but been having problems posting replies.

Have to agree with LordBalfor re "all inclusives", and I don't believe you'd want to spend your Honeymoon at a Club Med.

However, the additional money for 3-meals averages about $110-$125/dy/person, but that ties you into all the meals, and you are likely to find times when you might be on a tour that provides lunch - or if you choose to share a main course, etc. But it might be a good idea to have the breakfast included (maybe $17-$22/dy/person) where at least you can grab some fruit, yogurt, or other for snacking during the day. It might be better to pay as you go - there may be days you don't want lunches - there might be another hotel or free-standing restaurant to try and if you pay upfront, you're stuck.

Though this wouldn't be called "inclusive", but on Rangiroa which is way out from the main Tahiti Islands, there is one hotel where you have to take meals, as there is no other option - the Kia Ora Sauvage, remote, intimate, no phones, no air, no electric. On another part of the island they have the Kia Ora Village which does have electric and more rooms, but I understand there is a choice of another restaurant or two, nearby.

Do a "search" on this board for Rangiroa or Kia Ora Sauvage and Village to see what reports were made by recent visitors (sometime in the late summer or early fall).

Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM

Hi Claudette,
I agree with the above posts. Don't stay at Club Med Bora Bora - we did for our honeymoon and regret it. It sounded good as far as all-inclusive, but the resort wasn't worth it - the food was average, and the service bordered on terrible (or should I say what service).

Stay elsewhere..I'm sure you'll be able to get some package deals that include some meals.

As stated above, your better off staying at one of the islands. Have a search through some websites online to get an idea of which may suit you best.

Bora Bora was beautiful...expensive.
Enjoy
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:02 PM

PS - You might consider the Cook Islands instead of French Polynesia. Almost as beautiful but quite a bit cheaper. All told, our favorite destination.

Ken
Old Dec 23rd, 2003, 04:18 PM

Ken,

A complete segue here (and apologies to the original poster - Sorry). I haven't posted here in a while as we did decide on a BVI vacation rather than the Cook Islands, for a number of reasons, none of which have anything at all to do with the beauty of the Cooks! I just wondered whether you had confirmed your trip to the USVI this spring? (We will be in the BVI from April 16 to May 7 and will spend at least 1 day on St. John). Season's Greetings!

Linda
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies..we're looking into other islands
Old Dec 30th, 2003, 06:17 AM

Linda -

We decided to take a break from major trips this coming year and concentrait on some home improvement projects - some of which have already been completed or are underway. It was a hard decision, but (I think) the correct one. In March/April of 2004 we plan to either return to the Cooks or hit the Virgin Islands.

Thanks for asking. Enjoy the BVI.

Ken
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Original Poster

What about Figi? I saw a package that includes airfare to stay at the Castaway and Outrigger Resorts for a total of 10 days. Has anyone stayed there? Comments? We really want drinks and meals to be included so we don't have to think about $$ on our honeymoon.