Search

Alan's trip to India

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alan's trip to India

We would really like to know how to find the tour report Alan did for his trip to India. We did read it at the time of posting,but now can't find it. Is it possible to get his e-mail address or at least know where to find the report?

Many thanks!
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 10:55 PM

Go to the Asia boards and do a search for Alan's name. You should be able to find the report by scrolling down the list of his posts.

Lee Ann
Old Jun 11th, 2005, 05:01 AM

Who takes my name in vain? Oh, it's only you, 646wyck! Did you mean me, or is there some other Alan who went to India last year? I never posted a report of my trip to India -- honest -- because, although I had the best damned holiday I ever had in my life, and I am still in grieving mode after being home for seven months, I really thought that nothing that happened to me would be worth reading. And, anyway, I am so lazy! It would take me five weeks to type up the five weeks' holiday!

My email is [email protected] if you have any questions to ask, however. What I have done, at Fodors and at Tripadvisor and at Indiamike, is answer questions from people who are traversing the same route that I took (Lyndie has still never forgiven me for recommending a hotel in Goa which had, she assures us, the hardest beds in south Asia.... apparently it was a relief to sleep on the floor!), so maybe you read one of those where I got REALLY verbose (is there any other way he writes, I hear you ask) and thought it was a report. Anyway, send me an email sometime... it would be nice to hear from you!

Are you planning to go to India, then?
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 08:35 PM

Alan, I have forgiven you! In fact I was grateful for the recommendation of Afonso's but I did not know you were the old Einstein guy on indiamike! You give good info on that site! You should post your trip report as I bet there is lots of stuff we'd all love to read! Go on! Do it!
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 12:04 AM

You've forgiven me, Lyndie? Honest? I can send back the rented rottweillers and take down the barbed wire febce?

Yes, Lyndie, that's me on Indiamike (where you, I think, are better-known as Lybdy); that photograph was taken some years ago when I was much younger, and before I'd looked into the Jaws of Hell (also known as the Agra Bazaar)!
Old Jun 13th, 2005, 03:37 PM

I could have rented you two ferocious Jack Russell's at a bargain price! I'm terrified of them!

Have fun!