Akaroa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akaroa

We will be visiting the Christchurch area in October. When we were in NZ before we did not go to Akaroa and it looks so interesting. Could anyone advise on where to stay, places to eat and will a week be too long there. Thanks
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 10:06 AM

Hello, We just spent three days in AKaroa in January. In fact that is where we brought in the new year. We were camping but the town has several small hotel/motel places and bed and breakfastes. The are many lovely shops and places to eat. It is a beautiful area and we are so glad that we spent time there. We also took a day and toured other bays in the area and each one is more beautiful than the next. I would strongly recommend this area but I don't know if a week is too much or not. We did find the three days just perfect. Enjoy. You can email me direct at [email protected] if you have any further questions.
Old Apr 13th, 2003, 03:50 PM

I was in Christchurch in March and took the half day trip to Akaroa from there. If you really want to relax in a very small place, it would be nice for a few days. I would think a week is too long for such a small place, unless you really just want to sit and not do or see much else.<BR>Martha<BR>
Old Apr 14th, 2003, 01:19 AM

I think three days is ideal for Akaroa,I have only made a day visit there from Christchurch. It is delightful and there are a number of farm stays, and B &amp; B's. Just play it by ear and ask the locals on arrival where they recommend to dine at. October is not too busy unless you are there for Labour Weekend then you will have to book in advance.
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 02:24 PM

Excellent Christchurch B &amp; B: Croyden House
Swim with the Hector dolphin in Akaroa.
Stop at the hilltop inn on your way down the hill into Akaroa.
Old Jul 4th, 2003, 12:04 AM

If you like B&amp;B and inns, visit http://www.heritageinns.co.nz/accommodation.html for info on Mill Cottage, Blythcliffe and Wilderness House in Akaroa. We have booked two of the B&amp;Bs from this group for an upcoming trip to the south island.

Also try:
www.purenz.com
www.qualmark.co.nz
www.superiorinns.co.nz
www.bed-and-breakfast.co.nz
www.lodgesofnz.co.nz