Search

AAT Kings tour/camping

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:29 PM
pam

AAT Kings tour/camping

We are planning a trip in Jan/Feb and was looking at the AAT Kings Super Safari as an option to our holiday plans. Any input on this subject would be very helpful.

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 08:44 PM
michael

Hi Pam. <BR>AAT is well established and the biggest operator in Australia. They used to run good tours. <BR>A camping trip, if it's in a coach, then it's really more like a &quot;Claytons&quot; camping trip. <BR>In that case check around for other options. <BR><BR>Enjoy, <BR>Michael

Old Nov 4th, 2004, 07:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pam
Did you ever get an answer to this question--or take the tour? I would be interested to find out more about the super safari myself
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM

Hello Deb (Dfrance),

I've just googled AAT Kings' Super Safari. Is this the itinerary you had in mind?

http://www.goway.com/downunder/austr...persafari.html

If so, I recommend you aim for the Sep 25 departure date. As far as I can estimate, that would give you the most reasonable weather you could hope to get across the many latitudes of Australia that you would be covering.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 01:23 PM

Judy
Hi-actually it's called the &quot;Outback to the Ocean&quot; camping tour. It's 31 days long. We were aiming to go in October--because the person I am travelling with probably won't be able to get holidays in September.
Deb
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Hello Deb,

Is this the one, then?

http://www.aatkings.com/us/index.php...n_tour_id=2822

If so, the itinerary looks practically identical to the previously mentioned one.

When you say you're planning to go in October, I don't know if you mean a late September departure date, which would mean most of the travel would take place in October, or if you mean a late October departure date, in which case most of the travel would take place in November.

If you'll be reaching Ayers Rock in November, then I believe it really will be very hot, and there will be lots of flies.

Well, it's up to you. You might want to equip yourself with plenty of drinking water at all times, and buy one of those fly nets that fits over a hat.