internet access in Sydney

Sep 18th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Original Poster

internet access in Sydney

I'm staying at The Australian Heritage Hotel (100 Cumberland Street, The Rocks).
Could anyone tell me where the closest and easiest place to access the internet would be?
I did a google search but really don't know where they are in relation to the hotel.
Thanks
Sep 19th, 2004, 07:59 PM

try walking around the tourist areas. I don't know any in that area specifically. There are dozens along George Street
Sep 19th, 2004, 10:32 PM

Hi, scaredy cat! I rang the Rocks Information Centre a few minutes ago, and they were extremely helpful on this question (often-asked, I'd warrant). Your nearest internet access is no more than four minutes' walk from the hotel. It's the mini-mart (a small supermarket) in the Clocktower Square, on the corner of Harrington St and Argyle St in the Rocks. You won't miss Clocktower Square, as it is exactly as described. The mini-mart is on the Harrington St side, and has, at present, five computers.

A site you may feel worth checking (it's where I got the phone number) is http://www.sydneyvisitorcentre.com/. When you're in the Rocks, you will see the building of the Visitors' Centre, and it's where you go for brochures, tours, accommodation, guide books, maps.

Have a great holiday!
Sep 20th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the help.
And for the website. I wish I'd found it sooner...
Sep 21st, 2004, 03:48 AM

scaredy_cat - take a look at this site
http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/brow...00002/1901111/

I had asked the same question for my upcoming trip in November/December.

This site - http://www.wi-fihotspotlist.com/browse/au/ will direct you to hotspots throughout OZ.

Sep 29th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Original Poster

It's about a 1 minute walk. Really easy to find. Thanks for the help.
$4 for 30 minutes if anyone wants to know.
Sep 29th, 2004, 05:39 AM

Hi, scaredy_cat! Glad to know you've arrived safely and that you found it okay. But, please tell us: how have you found the accommodation at the Australian? Because of its position and "traditional-ness", I've been mentioning it to people without ever having done more than walk past it. I know it would suit me, because I always loathe the overpriced and "vanilla" chains, like Marriott and Mercure and Four Seasons, etc. etc. But I really would like a VISITOR'S opinion!
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:36 AM
Original Poster

Hey Alan. Sorry I haven't replied, I only just got home.
I loved staying there. The room I was in was great, really comfortable. There are shared bathrooms but I never had to wait for the bathroom closest to my room.
All of the staff were really friendly and helpful.
I was initially a bit worried about noise from downstairs but it was never an issue.
I loved the location, the building, pretty much my perfect place to stay.
I'll be staying there again and I've mentioned it to a couple of friends.
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:57 AM

Hi scardy_cat!! Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am going to Australia in march and was wondering how much was the Heritage hotel? Was it easy to get to public trasportations?? Any help will be appreciated!!

Thanks! Preenyc
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Original Poster

Hey preenyc
It was $125 per night.
I used the ferries and trains while I was there. A few minutes walk to the train or ferry at Circular Quay from the hotel, really simple.
I'm not sure about buses because I hate using them so I don't if I can help it.