Reload this Page >

A good airport hotel in Sydney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 08:01 PM
Fatima

Hello! I will be travelling to Australia for one month starting Feb 22. I will need a one night stay at a hotel nearby the Sydney airport upon arrival for 3 people in total. We have limited funds & are not looking for a four/five star hotel. Can anyone tell me of a reasonably priced airport hotel? TIA. Is it better to book the hotel here in my home of Canada or would it be a better idea to book a hotel once I get to Sydney? I will be arriving in Sydney at 8:45am. TIA!

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 02:16 PM
John

Dear Fatima: <BR> <BR>We stayed at the Airport Sheraton. It's about 10 minutes from the airport with a free shuttle. The shuttle will be waiting for you when you clear customs. Just ask any of the 20 or so taxi and coach drivers that will be there and they'll be happy to direct you to the right shuttle. Check with the Sheraton website for price information. <BR> <BR>John

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 07:53 AM
Debbie

Hi Fatima, <BR>We are arriving in Sydney on Feb 27th. I did a lot of research on the internet and found the Sheraton at the airport to be our best option. However, I saw many different rates for this hotel. I ended up finding the best deal on the internet (www.travelnow.com - they are Australian based). We are paying $140 Australian which is about $128 Canadian right now (we are from Vancouver). I hope this info is helpful. Have a great time!!! Debbie

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 04:20 PM
Peg

Fatima, the airport is quite close to the city, so why not make the most of the day and night in Sydney and find accommodation a little closer to the centre. Here is a URL to do some exploring, http://sydney.citysearch.com.au/ <BR>for reasonably priced accommodation in a convenient area to both the city and airport. The public transport is excellent to get around. Peg.

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 01:07 PM
Kerry

I agree with Peg. Stay in the city. It's only an extra 20 minutes or so away. There is absolutely nothing to see or do around the airport as it's in an industrial area. So after you have had a shower and a bit of a nap it's just 4 walls and the TV for the rest of the day.