1 Week Fiji-2nd week WHERE?

Jun 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM
janie

1 Week Fiji-2nd week WHERE?

After 1 week in Fiji (vatulele or Yasawa) id like to go 1 week to another place. We've never been to the South Pacific...Can we hop a flight and go to Tahiti, Bora Bora, Morea? Are there any 'super luxurious-4 seasons like' hotel/resorts to go to in our second week that would be a nice contrast to living in the jungle the first week????

Any suggesitons out there?

Jun 21st, 2002, 04:29 PM
Jane

If you want to go to places where movie stars go check out the Kaimbu Island Resort, an island off Taveuni. There are only three bungalows and they say guests are treated like family. In Tahiti there is the Beachcomber Royal where they have over water bungalows. In Moorea there is the Hotel Sofitel and with a great beach and beautiful lagoons. http://www.gosmartravel.com

Jun 21st, 2002, 05:18 PM
Peggy

Kaimbu has been closed for years. I wish they would re-open!

Jun 21st, 2002, 06:31 PM
Jane

Didn't know that about Kaimbu Resort. I had read that it was a place for the rich and famous!

Jun 22nd, 2002, 04:32 PM
melissa

BULA! Well the rumors are that the Kaimbu Island Resort will be reopening this December. They are currently doing alot of renovations and have begun to advertise the reopening. The Douglas family will be managing the resort. Cheers!

Jun 23rd, 2002, 09:26 AM
Peggy

Well I am interested! It closed right when we were planning a trip there. We went to Turtle Island, then then on to Namale & Vatulele, which currently is my favorite, but always felt Kaimbu may be the ultimate. Do you know where I could get information & pricing? We're looking at spring 2003. Did the family resolve the divorce issues that I heard closed the resort? Don't want to get caught up in any legal entanglements! Any info would be helpful. Thankd!

Search this Thread