Search

Christchurch Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 12:50 PM
Leslie

Christchurch Hotels

Hi,<BR>I decided to start a new thread here, jumping from wedding settings. Anyway, I've been checking into Christchurch hotels and found the following rates (NZ $) Millennium $149, Heritage $149, and Rydges $141. Any reccommondations on why we should choose one over the other? Experiences at any?<BR>Thanks!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 01:51 PM
John

Leslie:<BR>We stayed at the Rydges. It's right in the middle of the CBD, less than a block away from Cathedral Square. Great Location. Right in the middle of everything.<BR>Friendly staff, nice restaurant, nice rooms.<BR>John

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Bill Simpson

I don't know about the Millennium or Heritage but the Rydges is nice & you can't beat the location. John is right on.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 08:27 PM
Rita

The Heritage is great also. It's right in the Cathedral Square. Been staying there before because The Heritage is a chained hotel under the Dynasty Group. The Heritage in Auckland is also very good. Hope you have a nice trip .

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Michael Sharp

We stayed at the Rydges in June 01. It's right in the middle of the CBD and less than a block away from Cathedral Square. Walk out the front door, cross over the little bridge and walk about two blocks to the craft fair that's held every Saturday or turn left out the front door and there's a string of great places to eat, most of which have outdoor seating. Also, make sure you tour the Antarctic exhibit at the airport. We fell in love with Christchurch. Have a great trip.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 03:31 PM
sonia

The HERITAGE IS FANTASTIC!!!!<BR><BR>I have stayed there twice in a suite as it was soooo reasonable. have recommended ot others who loved it also...suites have mezzanine floor with bedroom, washing machine, etc ...full dinign room and kitchen downstairs ...<BR>Dont know about regiular rooms, but suites are great (located in old historic building whereas rooms are in modern part)<BR><BR>all right in centre of christchurch....i give it 10/10!

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Nikki

Hi Leslie<BR>I've stayed at Rydges twice in March 2002. It is a very convenient hotel. Staff is quite helpful. I believe that the rooms are either queen beds or two twins that they put together if you need king. The restaurant wasn't toooo good at least on the breakfasts that we had there. We were at the Parkroyal a few blocks away on the park and it was really beautiful and had a hipper atmosphere in the evening. I don't know the rates though.<BR>Hope this helps Oh I got my rates from the Rydges.com page and clicked on specials.