1 Month in Thailand/Single Female Traveller

Aug 22nd, 1997, 01:16 AM
Karen

1 Month in Thailand/Single Female Traveller

I plan to spend November in Thailand. Has anyone got suggestions for safest ways to carry currency?
Suitable itineraries for this time of year? Also can anyone recommend a guesthouse/hotel near main bus or train stations?

Aug 23rd, 1997, 06:51 AM
YC Yip

I think Thailand is pretty safe if you carry cash in a money bag that is hidden under your clothes. Plan a "just enough for that day" amount for your wallet.
Violent robberies are rare, but don't overtrust putting your passport or credit cards at any guesthouse while on treks or rafts. November is best for the north (from Bangkok Northwards)and can be "moody" in the South (eg Samui, Phuket). With 1 month, you can cover most places of interest in the North. Chiangmai, Chiangrai, Chiangsaen, Sukhothai, Ayuttaya, Damnoen-Saduak floating market are popular & well beaten tracks. But I think Mae-Hon-Son, Pai, Kanchanaburi, Doi Inthanon and even the Khorat plateau are worth visiting. I particularly like Mae-Hon-Son & its beautiful surroundings. I went by the Southern route & returned by the northern route. Do spare a few days to travel the spectacular Northern route. The mountain sceneries are breath-taking (but very very winding !, bring motion sickness pills !)Mae Hon Son in Nov is very cold at night ! The long neck Karens can be found here but it is "commercial" and can be skipped.

Sep 30th, 1997, 03:56 PM
Robert Potter

Traveling to Pilippines in november.Looking for good quality "Tourist grade hotels"in Manila and Cebu. Any other information concerning my trip will be appreciated.

Sep 30th, 1997, 09:08 PM
Julie

Hi,
My sister's friend had her wallet stolen from her daypack, so I would suggest a waist pouch or neck pouch worn under your clothes.

Oct 22nd, 1997, 11:02 PM
Syfon

If you don't explore the valunable such as gold, don't too scare of the theft or rubber. Still be aware of your wallet. Recommend you for the youth hostel is the cheap and fine accomodation. They offer you in other provinces as well. The number to contact them is 662 2810361 fax 662 281 6834